Bob Malcolm

Captain_Jack

Apart from what he did or did not bring to m'well in a football sense i consider it to have been a big mistake to sign someone who completely fails to set an example to young kids of how to behave when given the chance to play pro football

MFC are in the business of trying to attract youngsters,families,etc and to take on someone with his track record particularly when his latest faux pas had been all over the papers only days before was questionable to say the least

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Malcolm I felt added nothing. Two stunning free kicks I'll give you, but that apart, took a very good wage for doing, on the most part, picking splinters oot his arse on the bench. Most would never forget the Said Chiba incident, or the pathetic signature nonsense. We've lost substantially better players in the past and moved on. And still we will.

Regardless of what people think of Bob Malcolm he is a cracking fitba player and if he was fitter would stroll into any midfield in the country. Unfortunately it just looks like he's made his money and doesent have the desire to play at the top level again. Everytime i've met him aswell he's been a nice guy, always has time to talk.

Regardless of what people think of Bob Malcolm he is a cracking fitba player and if he was fitter would stroll into any midfield in the country. Unfortunately it just looks like he's made his money and doesent have the desire to play at the top level again. Everytime i've met him aswell he's been a nice guy, always has time to talk.

Did you get him to sign an autograph ? :D

Glad to see the back of him, half the folk liked bob malcolm because he was "hilarious" and "good banter".

Thats a good wage freed up for someone who hopefully deserves it.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find those quotes from Ross?

Guest 'Flow

:O

I didn't actually make the link to the 12th :thumbup: I just read it on Brisbane's website...

I'll change that just incase - good spot!

'Flow

:O

I didn't actually make the link to the 12th :thumbup: I just read it on Brisbane's website...

I'll change that just incase - good spot!

'Flow

Good Spot ? - where is the good spot in that. Why change it - is the game not being played on that date :O . If its for any other reason, then that's taking things too far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a look at the official site and it seems like we no longer have a 12th of July on the calendar - the Celtic game taking place in "early July"? - what a lot of crap - why change it? Have the 'date police' had a humour bypass on this and the official site.

Nope and you'll be the 'Moan Police' then.

I feel I have every right to question why such a ridiculous change to a 'news report' was made on the official site, on the basis of a 'Good Spot' by another poster. Who precisely are we attempting to appease here by making any such change. The 12th of July does exist both here and in the southern hemisphere and it doesn't hold the same meaning to everyone throughout the world as it does in the West of Scotland.

The 12th of July does exist both here and in the southern hemisphere

You're shitting me?

The reason it's been changed is because of what it appears to imply and some non-Motherwell supporters might use it as an excuse to have a dig at the club. Well that's what I'd gathered, maybe 'Flow will say otherwise.

If the game is being played on the 12th, then I don't see what's wrong with saying that. Yes, people may make some connection, but that's up tp them. Facts are facts really, if the game's on the 12th then why not say so?

Guest 'Flow

I quickly changed it because, although it was written completely innocently, you know what some people are like.

If the first person to read the story looked at it and noticed the 12th of July and the obvious connotations that would have then you can bet others, who would look even deeper to get more offended, would too.

Far as I can see, if the changing of a few words saves all the hassle then all the better!

PC gone made - Yea, probably. But at the time when the club is working hard to re-build some bridges the last thing we need is a daft wee thing like that explode into something that it's not.

Anyway, yea, good luck Bob!

'Flow

You're shitting me?

The reason it's been changed is because of what it appears to imply and some non-Motherwell supporters might use it as an excuse to have a dig at the club. Well that's what I'd gathered, maybe 'Flow will say otherwise.

Ha Ha you couldn't make it up - what does it imply? - oh yes it implies that the game is taking place on the 12th July (before anyone chimes in, yes I know the implications that Beesher is referring to).

The fact the piece was written entirely innocently is precisely why the article should have remained unaltered in the first place - what next? no reference to 17 March, in future fixture lists - just in case it happens to offend someone. What is offensive? - its a date for f...s sake, if anything its ironic - nothing more, nor should it have to be justified by the club.

Let others think what they will, we are Motherwell - the only people who could be offended by that date are either side of the bigotry debate, the OF or Beesher - and if the date of the fixture was the 12th of July, or for that matter the 17th March (St Paddy's Day for those who didn't know) then leave it at that.

In trying to appease one side, which is what has been done in this instance (as suggested by Beesher), then the door has been opened for the other side to make their remarks about where our bus fare is spent.

Thanks for the respone 'Flow - appreciate the sentiment if not the actions.