Best And Worst Motherwell Performances You Have Seen

trafficlight

I recall Fir Park seemed full when we played Hearts that midweek game, of course it wasn't but there was just such a buzz in at the old fence. Loads of games like that even Arbroath in our opening home game seemed busy although I'm sure the attendance figures will show it was anything but. Mists of time certainly cloud the memories I'm sure.

Official crowd for hearts game was about 3,500.

Seemed a lot more than that to me as well, two big mobs either side of the fence.

We were definately bottom of the league before the game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 6-1 thumping of the Jambos in 2002 has to be up there with the best of Motherwell performances in recent memory. We went into the game having not won for nearly three whole months and we didn't really expect anything from a high flying Hearts team. However we just absolutely destroyed them that night and looked like we could score every time we attacked. Faddy and Pearson were absolutely immense down the left flank that night and they completely destroyed Hearts in the first half alone.

That was a fantanstic game. I remember being 4-0 upafter like 30 odd mins. It could have and should have been so much more.

Great performance that sticks in the mind even though we didn't win was a 1-1 draw with Hearts in the 90/91 season. Pishing down all game, seem to remember we were all over them and had something like 3 goals chopped off. Could also have been the day that Stevie Kirk flattened a linesman...