What Would You Do If You Owned Motherwell Fc

Well Well

Ok you have £1billion left by a very rich family member and you wanna splash some cash on the Well. So you have agreed to buy the Well from MR Boyle who is last seen running out the door with a briefcase crammed with cash from the sale. Its the close season and Muttley has gone to Aberdeen...Whats your priorities.??..New Stadium maybe..IF so how big.??..New manager.??..Who.?.and how big a transfer budget would you give.??..Youngsters...Would you go round up all the best in the land.??..Fans....How would you treat the fans with your new found wealth...??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was left £1 billion pounds?

The last thing I would be investing in would be Motherwell !!!

Id be over to the US of A on the first available flight and setting up my own playboy mansion with as much drink, drugs and women as I could fit in.

Might check the odd well score on teletext from time to time but that’s about it !!

Not sure about the rest of the questions but I'd probably treat the fans in the same way as past boards, I mean after all we don't really need the Motherwell fans so I'd give the whole ground to the Old Firm, the South Stand, the POD, DC and East Stand.

Same with any other team that I could think of fleecing in the same way.

This way they'd all have a perfect view of the 20 180" Wide screen TV sitting on what used to be the park.

In the meantime every Motherwell fan will be sitting inside the new 20,000 seater ground in their luxurious leather chairs with personal service provided by a good looking member of the opposite sex (or the same if wished :) ) Their will be 4 standing areas available, all on top of each of the stands with a bar for those that so choose. Please note however that there will also be 50ft Perspex wall all around so that no accidents can occur and no bovril can get spilt onto the picth.

The kids would have their own area with XBox's, PS3's etc all available pre match, halftime and post match so that the parents can "watch" the game in peace and enjoy a few sherberts.

Maybe its just me but I would love the chance to own the club. Certainly set aside 100 million for myself but the rest would be spent over my lifetime and after me to support the well financially. Do a Fergus McCann.

Build a new stadium preferably as close to Fir Park as possibly. 20,000 seater with at least 3 theme pubs in the ground for the fans to have a drink prior to the game. A hotel and conference centre.

Buy up Dalziel training area and turn it into a state of the art training area.

Free season tickets to loyal Well fans who have had a season ticket for more than 2 years. Free season tickets to last 10 years.

New manager I would have to give that to someone like Moyes. Hard working, feet on the ground manager. Give him around 10 million a year for players. Heavily invest in youth players to feed the club with good young talent.

Have ongoing lifetime learning for everyone involved in the club so that when they retire from football they have training and qualifications to get a new job if required.

Thats just to start.. :)

Priority would obviously have to be a new manager, as we wouldn't have one :)

Other than chat, chucking a huge wad of money at things isn't likely to change much at a club like ours-- Ronaldo still isn't going to come and play for us just because we can afford his wages, and we're not going to get an extra 10,000 folk turning up every week just because they have a nicer seat to plant their arse on.

We could certainly aim a wee bit higher in the transfer market, but most of the money would probably be better invested in a modest new stadium with top-notch training and catering facilities, and other income-generating stuff like opening a couple more branches of the club shop, at least around Motherwell itself.

I would turn Motherwell into the Real Madrid of Scotland and buy up all the top talent in the Country.

Quality players like Ross Tokley, Stuart Duff, Christian Dailly would be brought in to show the world that I mean business.

I would employ a seat cleaner to clean all the dried pigeon shit of the seats in the East Stand.

I would employ an expert marksman wired into the East Stand. So a shoot on site policy is upheld if any shite patter is heard in the stands.

I would turn Motherwell into the Real Madrid of Scotland and buy up all the top talent in the Country.

Quality players like Ross Tokley, Stuart Duff, Christian Dailly would be brought in to show the world that I mean business.

I would employ a seat cleaner to clean all the dried pigeon shit of the seats in the East Stand.

I would employ an expert marksman wired into the East Stand. So a shoot on site policy is upheld if any shite patter is heard in the stands.

:):)

What about the paint on the steps though?!

Maybe its just me but I would love the chance to own the club. Certainly set aside 100 million for myself but the rest would be spent over my lifetime and after me to support the well financially. Do a Fergus McCann.

Build a new stadium preferably as close to Fir Park as possibly. 20,000 seater with at least 3 theme pubs in the ground for the fans to have a drink prior to the game. A hotel and conference centre.

Buy up Dalziel training area and turn it into a state of the art training area.

Free season tickets to loyal Well fans who have had a season ticket for more than 2 years. Free season tickets to last 10 years.

New manager I would have to give that to someone like Moyes. Hard working, feet on the ground manager. Give him around 10 million a year for players. Heavily invest in youth players to feed the club with good young talent.

Have ongoing lifetime learning for everyone involved in the club so that when they retire from football they have training and qualifications to get a new job if required.

Thats just to start.. :)

If we going to indulge in the world of complete fantasy then I do thins somewhat similar. I'd invest big time in the infrastructure, new stadium with a hefty chunk of stadium with your safe standing areas that can be doubled up as seating until I can bribe the SPL into changing that stupid rule and we get some teracing back

Youth acadamy and so on, if it can be down near Fir Park brilliant. Buy out Knowetop from council to provide more land for the new stadium, do a deal to get land on old Motherwell college or fir park school way if it at all doable to have the whole shebang more or less where it is. Facilities for use for local public also as much as possible to try and make sure club gets involved with the community as much as it can.

I'd not go Abramavich mental but gate prices be reduced to nominal amounts and the new manager budget would be increased a fair bit to try and slowly build a team and a solid foundation whilst I get an idea of the running costs and what is and isn't sustainable. They'd be no 80k a week wages, but enough added to compete with the old firm for players and try and settle in for long haul of building year on year as much as possible.

Not sure who the new manager be, probably give Nijholt his chance as not gonna tempt Moyes or anyone that established unless promise him silly money. Anyone we spend big on will have potential to recoup money on unlike the Spencer, Goram era spending.

I'd buy out Airdrie & bulldoze there ground

I'd buy out Hamilton & bulldoze there ground

I'd buy out Albion Rovers and leave ground as is!

I'd buy out Daily record and sack Hugh Keevins and Jim Traynor

I'd bring back Crawford Baptie and parade him around the ground at half time just cause

I'd give Richie Foran a free pass to Hype as a signing on fee

I'd bring back pele the programme seller back "pwogwammes!"

I'd bring back the "chew the chew and the macaroon bar" man

This is a quality thread!!

I'd plough as much dough as I could into the Well and it would become my new hobby and would be my legacy.

I'd build a new 120,000 seater stadium to rival anything in the world! All exisiting season ticket holders will be offered full hospitality tickets in the best area of the stadium for free. There would be no stewards present in this area! The rest of the stadium will be filled with all the Smellic and Gers fans who have switched allegiencies because they are either:

a) glory hunting bar stewards

or

b) because I bought over Rangers and Celtic too and them pushed them into complete bankrupcy, relegating them to third division obscurity and basically leaving them with a finacial debt to my personally that will never be repaid! (that'll be the money I live on!) And any former OF fan will have to perform a public humiliation in order to be granted permission to buy a season ticket.

As for manager, i'd pick the best coach I could find, as lets face it, I'll be the one making decisions on who gets signed and would gets punted!! And I'd probably only play 10 superstars, with me playing too!

I'd sign Barry Ferguson, McCarthey and McGeedy and once they got here all excited to have signed a ten year deal, I'd tell them there job is not to play football but to clean the bogs after football!

It's would all be endless fun!!

- New 20.000 seater Stadium (with room for expansion for when the glory hounds come back) 2 big screens and a flag sitting at each seat every game

- Cushioned leather seats for season ticket holders

- Freeze season ticket prices for the next 5 years

- 30 million transfer kitty for the first season should easily steamroll over the Old and infirm

- Appoint Jose Mourinho as Manager with a clause that he must sign James Mcfadden!

- Make sure we have the cheapest everything in the country (pies,Programs,Kits,etc).

- Would have the Motherwell 91 squad paraded at half time of every big game :nod:

owning and running a football club seems a lot of hard work

so id just donate 50 million of it to the club and make sure they appoint someone sensible to manage all the money

new stadium would be necessary though :nod:

Buy Celtic & Rangers and whip up a PR storm about signing every major player under the sun....then decide on shutting down both clubs and keeping the grounds for my mates to play World Cuppy(singles or doubles depending on numbers), 7 & By (Heiders and Volleys only) and of course 25-a-side, jumpers for goalposts games. :nod: