It's Official And Now The Hunt Begins!

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a mcghee fan 95% of the time but he has left a bitter after taste after all this. good luck aberdeen as you are going to need it as he will still be looking for something better & loyalty will take a back seat BEWARE you have been warned

Fair enough, McGhee isn't very high on my Christmas card list, granted, but I can't really justify bringing myself to "hate" Scott Leitch. Contrary to popular belief I don't think he had a "job for life" at Motherwell, and with a young family, being offered a stable job, rather than hanging on in hope that the new manager will want you as his assistant, would be the choice to any of you if you were in his shoes. I do think we could see at least two out of three of Smith, Klimpl and Hughes may end up at Pittodrie! Especially the last two, Langfield may be harder to displace.

Congratulations John Boyle. You picked a man from the managerial wilderness, he gave us two good seasons and then you got a tidy sum when he moved on. Good bit of business.

Let's see if you can do the same again so that in two years time we will be celebrating another 200k in the coffers. After all that 200k will pay for a decent manager for a few seasons.

FWIW I hope Aberdeen are up there giving the Old Firm a hard time next season. It was a breath of fresh air when Burley went to Hearts and did the same.

Any mention of civility towards the 'Well? 'Thanks for the opportunity', 'great club', etc...

...didn't think so.

Cock.

In his interview on Sky Sports News (available on their website if anyone can put up a link) he did indeed thank motherwell and everyone at the club (and fans) and said he had a great time. He always has been very good with the media so it was highly unlikely he wasn't going to say some nice things abou the club.

He also pointed to losing some players but, to be honest, he's absolutely correct - we would have preferred them to stay as well. What it comes down to is Aberdeen will have a bigger budget for him to work with.

Thing is though I genuinely dont think any one of us grudges him his move...especially after what he managed to do for us. But theres a McFadden way of doing it, and theres a Pearson way of doing it, and THATS what fucks people off. I think the Pearson way has just found a new name.

Any mention of civility towards the 'Well? 'Thanks for the opportunity', 'great club', etc...

...didn't think so.

Cock.

From the other thread....

While im glad to see him go - glad after the Sunday Herald article, all the McGhee quotes i've read on here this past hour don't show him saying anything good about us, maybe thats been posted up here for a reason..... agenda??

Heres what he said.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...erdeen_boss.php

"It was a difficult decision but I feel it was the right decision," he said. "Things have moved on a little bit.

"Motherwell had lost two or three players and we looked like losing two or three more due to the circumstances in the Scottish game, so it was becoming more and more difficult to maintain the performance and levels that we set over the last couple of years. "I felt that the opportunity to go to Aberdeen, to a more stable environment, would allow me to make more of a challenge over the next few years than might be possible with Motherwell. It is a shame, I loved my time there."

Even if he didnt mean it, at least he has said he loved his time with us.

Just on a side note, think the three artical tribute on the official site is a bit OTT! Aye he done a good job for us, but he has made his move to a club directly compeating with us.

Surely a single article would have been enough, with a wee bit at the end saying "Thanks for 2 good years, now lets hope for a third with you getting Aberdeen relegated!!"

He's off - end of! I don't need to see the tributes from the club. Would rather just focus on getting the new guy in asap! Chris McCart with Luc Nijholt and Tommy McLean as his backroom staff!