Fao Leanne Dempster

jo.mcr

Dear Leanne,

Please can you make Mr Boyle aware that Luc Nijholt is the fans choice for the next manager of the club. in relation to a poll taken on Steelmenonline, the largest Motherwell Supporters Website.

Many thanx,

PS. Feel free to send this to hall of the damned (Once Leanne has read it :mad: )

Editted as to Stalls comment.

if we do get nijholt im pretty sure season ticket sales would soar compared to a jim jefferies/davie hay appointment. plus luc is a free agent. We'v already budgeted for the new pitch. So we could combine the McGhee Comp and McGhees old wage to tease Nijholt with a good pay package and a little transfer kitty. add into that the wages we save on Smith, Hughes and Klimpl and suddenly the Motherwell job seems a good 'project'.

Maybe this thread should say, he's the favourite amongst folk that post on the internet.

I think saying he's the fans favourite based on a poll on steelmenonline is about as legitimate as the trust believing they speak for all 'well fans.

Sorry but Steelmenonline is all the Motherwell fans, all the genuine and hardcore ones anyway. As we have more power than the Trust, in fact more power than John Boyle it's only right we are listened to.

Our poll says that Nijholt is the man for the job so that's who we want, alright??????

:P

Seriously though the papers report that Nijholt is the fans favourite so it must be true. ;)

Have to be honest this "bandwagon" for Luc Nijholt leaves me a bit bemused. I have no opinion on him one way or the other - I just think some are getting a bit too carried away.

In any event - only 85 people have voted for him out of 241. This site has 1,109 registered users - so less than a quarter of the users have voted. Also do not forget that a sizeable number of our supporters do not have internet access and then there are those who do but are not registered on this site.

So to say that Nijholt is the fans choice is lacking any foundation. And I hope Well-Made is joking when he says that this site consists of "all the genuine and hardcore" fans. I know many who have been lifelong (and I'm talking 40-60 odd years) fans but have never been anywhere near this site. I'll give you the benefit of my doubt as I don't think it's valid to be starting a "who is a more genuine fan" debate.

Stuart.

Agreed. And you only need a bit of common sense to see that about 2/3 of the posters on here are clueless. Don't get me wrong, there's a lotta people who know what they're talking about, but you don't half get some rockets too.

Have to be honest this "bandwagon" for Luc Nijholt leaves me a bit bemused. I have not opinion on him one way or the other - I just think some are getting a bit too carried away.

In any event - only 85 people have voted for him out of 241. This site has 1,109 registered users - so less than a quarter of the users have voted. Also do not forget that a sizeable number of our supporters do not have internet access and then there are those who do but are not registered on this site.

So to say that Nijholt is the fans choice is lacking any foundation.

Stuart.

It's called a representive sample. Opinion polls don't survey an entire population but do give a representation of how a section of that population will vote. That sample is then projected onto the full population. As it stands this poll is the best representation we have so it is not an unreasonable claim.

It's called a representive sample. Opinion polls don't survey an entire population but do give a representation of how a section of that population will vote. That sample is then projected onto the full population. As it stands this poll is the best representation we have so it is not an unreasonable claim.

Aye very good but a sample taken from those who have internet access, or at least those who choose to talk pish on the internet is not representative.

Yeh I know how opinion polls work, thanks. They use a sample which is a cross section of the population so is much more representative than the "closed" nature of this site - by which I mean non members have not been consulted but nevertheless make up the population of Motherwell fans.

Stuart.

Did Nick Griffin win a seat in the dug-oot tae?

So to say that Nijholt is the fans choice is lacking any foundation. And I hope Well-Made is joking when he says that this site consists of "all the genuine and hardcore" fans. I know many who have been lifelong (and I'm talking 40-60 odd years) fans but have never been anywhere near this site. I'll give you the benefit of my doubt as I don't think it's valid to be starting a "who is a more genuine fan" debate.

Stuart.

I think you can safely say I was joking.

I still haven't made up my mind who I want to be the new manager.

I can see why folk are interested in Nijholt but doesn't make me jump off my seat. Having said that neither have any of the other names mentioned.

Two years ago I was excited when Gary Mac's name was mentioned but after his comments then I can only see him coming here to put himself back in the management window.

I have a sneaky feeling though that the only way we'll get an experienced manager is if he's out of contract as JB could put extra money into his wages packet with no compo to pay.

Have to be honest this "bandwagon" for Luc Nijholt leaves me a bit bemused. I have no opinion on him one way or the other - I just think some are getting a bit too carried away.

I agree with Stuart here. I really don't see why so many folk are clamouring for Nijholt as manager. As far as I'm aware he's had zero experience of being an actual manager. An assistant manager, yes, but nothing more. There's loads of guys out there that were great assistant managers, but when they took on a manager's job they were honking.

Is Nijholt a popular choice purely because he was a great player for us, and because he's dutch folk think he'll automatically be a great manager? ;)

Great players don't automatically make great managers, even if they have history with a club.

Perversely I'd be really interested to see what the folk shouting for Nijholt's appointment would be saying if he got the job and we ended up getting relegated or were at least embroilled in a relegation battle. They certainly wouldn't be able to criticise John Boyle or the club for appointing what would essentially be a rookie manager. And they could hardly start abusing Nijholt.

Don't get me wrong, if Luc got the job I wouldn't be dead against it and obviously I'd be really hoping he'd do well, but I'd rather we got someone in that has a few years management experience.