From The Herald Diary...

numpty

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/diary/...e_miserable.php

Wales or bust-up

YES, we're talking football already as Motherwell were in the Europa Cup draw yesterday with the possibility of playing in far-flung places. Before the draw was made, one Motherwell fan, Melvin Bragg, but we don't think that's his real name, posted on the fans' website: "I'm hoping for anywhere but Llanelli, given I don't have a valid passport. It takes away even the remotest possibility of going, but Llanelli would tempt me into a domestic argument regards cost of childminding/going to the game against being sensible and hoping it's on a telly channel somewhere."

An hour later the draw was made - and Motherwell play Llanelli. So somewhere in the town a little bit of domestic friction is taking place.

On their metal

INCIDENTALLY, Motherwell fans looking for an optimistic sign about their European tie note that Llanelli Football Club's nickname is the Tinmen, whereas Motherwell's is the Steelmen. Surely an indication of who is the harder side to beat.

I suppose certain members will always be excluded from these kind of things, although someone did manage to get my username read out on a software company's podcast, with a massive pause before the Turd part as it dawned on him what he had just said..... ;)

...I just get that. I thought Yabba was an "in" name for something...I don't know, maybe a code for manly stuff. I've just had a fit of the giggles at my own "duh"-ness B-)