Reynolds To Sheffield?

dazamfc

it looks like its wholesale "sell" time at firpark, reynolds, quinn, clarkson, add to that losing hughes, smith, whos next??

Nobody else worth selling after those...think JB is trying to put together a transfer budget for the new guy to make the job a wee bit more attractive.

Nobody else worth selling after those...think JB is trying to put together a transfer budget for the new guy to make the job a wee bit more attractive.

Thing is, if you're the new guy, do you want nothing of a squad and a bigger budget or do you want a budget that's slightly smaller but you've got more of a squad to start with...?

Haha we are going to have some transfer kitty at this rate that's for sure. Let us be honest though....these players couldn't get us into the top 6 so lets pump them out the door and get some winners in :whistling::D

That's assuming we hire a manager who can not only find some winners, but find some winners who are prepared to play for a bag of spicy Nik Naks and a can of Fanta every week.

We may be raking in money but there is no TV deal in place so there is no guarantee that all cash will instantly be made available.

Also, given that we have a first competitive match really fucking soon, I would prefer to have a team that at least know each other by their first names.

Good to see the youth policy working as it should. Get youngsters into the team, develop them and then sell on at a decent profit. Really spanking it big time here, mind you....

Hopefully we're slapping on 15-25% sell on clauses and appearance/international cap extra's as well. :whistling:

Thing is, if you're the new guy, do you want nothing of a squad and a bigger budget or do you want a budget that's slightly smaller but you've got more of a squad to start with...?

If it was me then the former, every time! Im actually quite pleased with the way things are going!

If it was me then the former, every time! Im actually quite pleased with the way things are going!

I do take your point, Al, about a new guy having a blank canvas to work with. But I s'ppse my concern is that it's a hypothetical question, and we're going to have smaller squad and no increase to the budget... :lol:

I just feel that we'd got really stale over the last few years. Yeah it was great that Clarky and Quinn and Hammell and Lasley etc etc had been a round a long time, but with that comes the fact that your never gonna be able to change much. Yeah you can bring in a few guys here and there but if they are slotting in amongst the same old faces then everything gets reall flat and complacent.

Comfortable, I think would be the ideal word to somethings up...the whole place had become comfortable.

To me it seems like we're going for a real re-birth at the moment, one that will have an effect not just on the coming season, and not just on the team. We're really gonna be in a position where there is a whole different feel about the club, fresh ideas from top to bottom and a new way of doing things right from the manager, through the coaching staff, to the players, and even the pitch they play on. It's really setting the whole place up for a positive change, and im extremely excited about it, especially when you look at the dull, unimaginative changes made by other clubs.

Falkirk are gonna be run by a guy thats never managed before, assisted by one guy that no-one likes and another guy that sounds like he doesnt have a clue in his hairy heid. The new Hibs are just gonna be the old Falkirk but with slightly better players, the new Celtic are just gonna be the old Hibs but with slightly better players, and the new Aberdeen are just gonna end up being the old, well....us!!

It looks like whoever our manager is, he's going to have a bit of profile about him and bring a bit of a spotlight to the club, but not only that he's going to be given the chance to mould everything else the way HE wants...rather than having to slot into the same old same old way things are done down Motherwell way, which I think most people would tell you, had gotten very samey.

Say for example this new guy is in place by the end of the month. He then has almost SEVEN WEEKS to come in and do whatever he likes, and NONE of that is dependant on being able to move people on. Im not for a minute saying that all of the money coming into the club will be available to him, but some of it will, and we're about to be in a situation where a new boss is coming in who ISNT one of the stale old guard, who will bring with him a fresh way of thinking, a bit of status and profile, a brand new way of thinking, and a little pot of money on his desk to do it with.

Can you think of another club in the league in a better situation that that? I genuinely can't.

Great post Al and it actually got me on side with you - things COULD work out great here. Say if it is Nijholt that gets the gig he will have the money, wages and space in the squad to perhaps work a few favours and get a good three or four young Dutch guys in and perhaps one or two astute signings from down south or whatever - it could be the difference and change that we are after.

What worries me though is that it is ALL key players that are being moved on and the dead-wood (so to speak) that is staying behind. So we will still have the same duffers who weren't good enough before with new players around them. THAT is a scary thought. If it was McGarry, Fitzpatrick and even Lasley moving on I would buy in to what you are saying 100%.

When it is your International Striker, your Ex -Captain, and your most promising youngster heading out the door along with the most creative player in the team, number 1 goalie and fans favourite allready with the door slammed shut behind them it is clear to see why folks are a little twitchy!!