Jim Gannon

EastStandWellFan

First impression is positive from my point of view. Hope he gets all the backing he needs, and time to show us what he is about. I am feeling quite enthusiastic about this new management team and hope they can persuade some players to stay and freshen us up with a few new faces

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't believe the pics on the main site. Bloody GREEN, LONG, GRASS they are standing on. At The 'Ark? Mental.

Talks a good game I'll give him that. Seems more fan friendly than McGhee and his track record for loyalty at Stockport couldn't be questioned. Welcome aboard guys.

Thought this quote from the sporting life interview was interesting,

"I know we had a wild card option in the next 24 hours for this game. That might just be too tight, not for us, but for the player to make an informed position."

could we see a new face on thursday night?

Thought this quote from the sporting life interview was interesting,

"I know we had a wild card option in the next 24 hours for this game. That might just be too tight, not for us, but for the player to make an informed position."

Hughes re-signing maybe? Long shot but he said hes settled in Motherwell

To me, that comment says no new face on Thursday as any player wouldn't have the proper time to think over the move.

..... Wouldn't be upset to see him on Thursday though.

Yes I would be upset to see him on Thursday 'cause I'll be in Egypt!

QUOTE (Robyn @ Jul 1 2009, 12:55 AM) post_snapback.gifNah, he won't be playing on Thursday. Spoke to him yesterday - he is going to the game though and he spoke to Gannon on Tuesday so, it does sound promosing at least! Maybe the next Thursday? :lol:

hope we give him a wee song to help him make up his mind then.

As a Stockport Fan, I just want to wish all good luck to Jim Gannon and Peter Ward. Motherwell have got themselves a great management team, and a few new fans south of the border! There'll be a lot of us looking out for your results each week.

Have a great season.

SCFC28

Gannon stakes his claim on 'well. I'll be there to egg him on and when the chips are down I'll head for the pineapple and say a few for the team :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm quietly confident about this appointment.

JG has a lot to do before the start of the league.

Am so used to hearing about how difficult it is to get players of the right quality that I am really looking forward to seeing players coming in, perhaps with a wee point to prove, who JG believes he can get that little bit extra out of.

Given the current squad numbers, it is almost too much to ask for JG to get us to the start of the League, still in Europe and with a reasonable squad in place - however I am sure we are all hoping! :rolleyes:

I'm impressed how Jimbo kept saying "we" (as in Motherwell FC or Him/Peter Ward) rather than "I" when speaking in the interview.

Aye I noticed that right away, cetainly more refreshing than, "Hi, Im the new manager but I really wanted the Sellik job, not that this job wasnt my first preference, but Id have preferred the job at the tattiedome" :rolleyes:

Talks a good game and great early impressions, welcome aboard Mr Gannon

As a Stockport Fan, I just want to wish all good luck to Jim Gannon and Peter Ward. Motherwell have got themselves a great management team, and a few new fans south of the border! There'll be a lot of us looking out for your results each week.

Have a great season.

SCFC28

Thanks for that mate much appreciated. It has been good to get SC fans congratulations and words of support. I know it must be hard but hopefully you will also land a top manger and continue the progress Gannon started. All the very best.