Jim Gannon

EastStandWellFan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I'm more excited about this appointment than I thought i'd be, he said all the right things in that interview and it didn't come over, like most do, as if it had been prepared. He took the questions in his stride answered them calmly and thoughtfully.

I like the cut of his jib and didn't the pitch look a treat.

I no longer care about Europe, I'm desperate to see how he cuts it in the league.

Good videos, Gannon speaks well and noticed the almost purposefull effort to say he wants the best for Motherwell and NOT himself!! :D Obviously he knows if we do well so will he!! Still, patter like this and not the opposite keeps us fickle fans happy!! That right Mr McGhee? :lol:

Anyway, the BBC clip on the streets of Motherwell is quality patter! It seems shockingly bad to fins a Motherwell fan on the streets of, ... Motherwell.

Brandon Parade - Who the hell is Jim Gannon?

:D

Very pleased indeed with the appointment of our new management team. When the vacancy was first confirmed I was a bit disheartened with the list of usual suspects who were mentioned. I always thought that JB should and would go for a dark horse with some English experience. Jim Gannon ticks all the boxes.

Give the paucity of our current squad JG has a major rebuilding job on his hands but John Boyle has obviously briefed him well. He'll need time to refashion our squad and he should get it.

I have to say that John Boyle and his fellow Directors have acquitted themselves well both in negotiating with Aberdeen and in finding a new management team.

Thought too that John Boyle came across well in his interview. Things are picking up!

Good luck Jim. Heard nothing but good stuuf about him. Could be exciting times ahead.

Loved the story in the paper the other day that he refused to do an interview with Sky after winning the play-off final because his Sky+ box had been broken for 9 months and they wouldn't fix it. :lol:

Which apparently cost us appearances on Sky from that point onwards. He would not speak to them for either of the Play-Off semi's v Wycombe or before or after the final at Wembley. He's a stubborn one is Jim.

Good videos, Gannon speaks well and noticed the almost purposefull effort to say he wants the best for Motherwell and NOT himself!! :D Obviously he knows if we do well so will he!! Still, patter like this and not the opposite keeps us fickle fans happy!! That right Mr McGhee? <_<

Anyway, the BBC clip on the streets of Motherwell is quality patter! It seems shockingly bad to fins a Motherwell fan on the streets of, ... Motherwell.

Brandon Parade - Who the hell is Jim Gannon?

:D

Funny vid that, Motherwell really is a hole, the 3rd guy getting interviews looks like Eric fae Still Game :lol:

Jim " The MP" Gannon

Went away for the weekend, left on the friday nearly crying at the apparent state of the club no manager and half our team missing, Fass forward to the monday and looks like we have managed to get a very sound manager with talk of signing a number of good promising young players.

Might actually buy a season ticket now.

The mention of 5 or 6 signings given how many players we've lost (Klimpl, Hughes, Clarkson, McLean, Sheridan, Malcolm and possibly Quinn) suggests to me that he'll be looking to promote a couple of the younger guys. And maybe use Darren Smith more. I was going to say "the likes of Darren Smith" then realised he's the only player with first team experience we have who has been on the fringe of things.

Impressive interview and saying all the right things. Though talk is cheap, it's enough to engender a wee bit of optimism in even this hardened cynic...

dazza definitley deserves another chance, i also think we'll be seeing a bit of forbes this season. he's always looked a good player and has a wand of a left foot.

if things don't start well this season i wouldn't be too disapointed to see us going back to a butcher style of play - solid in the middle with stevie hammell hitting intelligent long balls to mobile strikers.

Just seen the picture of our new management team holding up a scarf on the official website.

They obviously couldn't find a Motherwell scarf so gave them a Canterbury one instead, still sticking the badge on the end should keep the mugs happy. Never mind if it's anything like the tops maybe the kiwis will fall off after a wash.