Jim Gannon

EastStandWellFan

Aye I noticed that right away, cetainly more refreshing than, "Hi, Im the new manager but I really wanted the Sellik job, not that this job wasnt my first preference, but Id have preferred the job at the tattiedome" :D

Talks a good game and great early impressions, welcome aboard Mr Gannon

Just wait until Mowbary or hughes are toiling and if we are doing well under this Irishman ;);)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with his interview, liked what he said and how he said it. Best of luck to him and I'm sure he'll have the full support of all the 'Well fans.

Looking foward to seeing who he brings in.

Best of luck Jimbo!

I know what you mean but this week alone Clarky and Fletcher have went down south for decent sized fee's. If the lower leagues in England were a production line of that sort of talent then Cardif, Bristol and Burnley et all wouldnt keep coming up here.

Do not underestimate the talent pool in Ingerlund. The problem down here is that equivalent players already command a transfer fee in excess of 3-4 times what it'll cost them for Clarky etc.

Some of the wages being paid in League One beggar belief, but can be sustained by TV contracts, Premiership windfall payments etc. There are some right mince players down here getting a more than decent wage packet. That said, there are also a number of clubs operating shoestring budgets.

Do not underestimate the talent pool in Ingerlund. The problem down here is that equivalent players already command a transfer fee in excess of 3-4 times what it'll cost them for Clarky etc.

Some of the wages being paid in League One beggar belief, but can be sustained by TV contracts, Premiership windfall payments etc. There are some right mince players down here getting a more than decent wage packet. That said, there are also a number of clubs operating shoestring budgets.

Agreed.

want to wish you guys the best of luck this season, your going to need it . . . the worst management pair ever, that's official, c'mon guys get rid of them you'll not be happy with them . . . all those youngsters turning into £1m players, all that stunning football being played, you'll be like "what the F's all this about?", the honesty and truth you'll get from these two at Fans Forums is unbearable . . . please I urge Mr Boyle to reconsider and send em packing . . . . back to . . . . you guessed it, we'll take em off your hands guys . . . down here in Sunny Stockport . . .

Jokin aside you have got a terrific chance to see some glorious times ahead . . i mean that whole heartedly . . . i'm sure you've read the history of Jim and County but to actually see it was incredible . . . cast adrift at Christmas when he joined and we achieve 35 pts in the second half of the season and avoided relegation out of the league by drawing 0-0 with Carlisle who were champions . . . jim brought in a couple of loanees and that's it, the rest was his man management . . . the only thing i'd say is he doesn't suffer gloryboys so if you have a gem of player who thinks too much of himself, he'll be out . . . if you guys have Fans Forums, ask him about the time he put Adam Proudlock on a fitness regime lol . . . a stunningly skillful player but a plank . . . they put him on a strict diet and fitness regime and he didn't lose 1lb . . . lol . . . So good luck from Stockers guys and look out for the County contingent at your first home game, think there's a couple of minibuses coming up . . .