Gannon Moves For Jennings

Motherwell Seagull

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye per round for the Qualifiers. I'm sure Keepers are of course not included as I think UEFA require three keepers in the named squad. Means you can't swap a keeper (in our case Meldrum maybe) for an outfield player in the squad.

The good news is, we do not have the worry of falling foul of the Home Grown and National player Rules ;)

Had a quick look around some Tranmere forums and they all seem gutted that this guy is leaving. He was even linked to being their captain this season.

Call me a cynic but how can we attract this guy here with the budget we have? Hope I'm proved wrong but I just can't see how we can match the English wages that are on offer.

Perfect Example = Krisztian Vadocz...........McGhee missed a gem with letting him go when he wanted to sign on with 'Well!

There is no chance he was worse than what we already had with a 7.5 minimum fee release clause at Osasuna!

Aye, was the major blot on Mutleys copybook for me in the first season. Would've done a better job than Hughes and Malcolm combined, and cost less than their joint wages. Plus a nice wee 2 million Euro transfer fee, which is what big Krisztian went to Ossasuna for. Where's the broken record smiley when you need one..... :rolleyes:

Various reasons provided;

From what i could gather, they all felt moving to Motherwell offered him better opportunities(playing Europe, playing against OF etc).

They also felt they had wasted time on getting a new contract signed because of management changes at Tranmere. Many not happy with John Barnes' appointment.

Some mentioned the "Gannon effect" - seems oor man may have fans at other clubs too.

One fan even compared Tranmere & Motherwell, in terms of average attendance & financial income.

Personally I feel it needs to be AT LEAST six new players, rather than a maximum of. With nine players leaving including the loanees only bringing in six would leave us short.

Totally. Even last year we were a Left Midfielder and a Striker short of a full squad. We have to find these players PLUS replace the ones that left. If one or two of these gaps are filled from youth then fair doos but we still need lots of bodies in!!

This guy sounds decent enough, could be our 'Dorman' :rolleyes:

is nearly 20 but has never started or made an appearance in the SPL

not exactly his fault when the manager while he was 18-19 would do anything rather than give a young player a chance. any time an opening in the team occured mcghee just filled it by playing an established player out of posistion.

i'd bet that forbes will make a positive breakthrough this season.

Totally. Even last year we were a Left Midfielder and a Striker short of a full squad. We have to find these players PLUS replace the ones that left. If one or two of these gaps are filled from youth then fair doos but we still need lots of bodies in!!

This guy sounds decent enough, could be our 'Doorman' :thumbup:

Be lookin to do more than open doors I think :cheers:

It's all very well saying that we'll get 5 or 6 players in but delivering this may prove to be a bit harder. McGhee was lucky to bring in 5 or 6 players over two years! (probably due to the fact that he only wanted players better than what we had and being stubborn about it).

McGhee was first quoted saying that at a time when we had Clarkson, McCormack, Porter, Hughes, Quinn, and McLean on the books. Gannon is looking to fill gaps in the squad not replacing individuals.