Some Information About Llanelli

Bloke from Llanelli

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the Welsh take Scottish notes, or do we all need to get English notes to pay for things?

I told my pal to away and get euros for the trip. not long off the phone going mental at me for this. i found it funny but did not see the funny side. i think they will accept them.

I told my pal to away and get euros for the trip. not long off the phone going mental at me for this. i found it funny but did not see the funny side. i think they will accept them.

They can actually be a bit funny about this. best way is to travel with as few Scottish notes as you will use, then use a cash point over the border/s :notworthy:

Is it quicker to go all the way down the M5 and then over the Severn Bridge or Quicker taking the M5 then M50 down through Wales to Cardiff then re-join the M4?

Cheers anyone!

Definately Buzzing like a broken fridge now!!!

9 hours 20 minutes 'till I Leave!!!!

:D

Is it quicker to go all the way down the M5 and then over the Severn Bridge or Quicker taking the M5 then M50 down through Wales to Cardiff then re-join the M4?

Cheers anyone!

The Brazilian has been looking at both options for our trip down. Sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong but I think he said timewise it was much the same but going down through Wales rather than heading to Birmingham and across was something like 180 miles less.

So cheaper petrol wise if not quicker.

Here if you're going down first you can let us know! :D

Cheers anyone!

Definately Buzzing like a broken fridge now!!!

9 hours 20 minutes 'till I Leave!!!!

:D

Definitely tale the M50, A49 etc and you rejoin the M4 by the Celtic Manor - the Ryder Cup venue.

This route also saves you the Severn Bridge toll.

WHY?!?! :lol:

I believe it's because they don't have their own notes and they are miffed because their emblems are used on UK coins :lol: ........... not sure tho' maybe the good lady who told me was pulling my leg :huh: but certainly in Aberystwyth I had a few funny looks while trying to spend my tenner in the chip shop, but i just started to eat the chips whilst they argued with me :D :D :D

I believe it's because they don't have their own notes and they are miffed because their emblems are used on UK coins :P ........... not sure tho' maybe the good lady who told me was pulling my leg :notworthy: but certainly in Aberystwyth I had a few funny looks while trying to spend my tenner in the chip shop, but i just started to eat the chips whilst they argued with me :lol::lol::lol:

I was in Aberystwyth a fortnight ago (lovely place btw) and the subway food joint wouldn't take my scottish dough.