Some Information About Llanelli

Bloke from Llanelli

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from that neck of the woods (half hour from Llanelli) and the route I took was M74 - M6 - M5 - M50 - A40 - A449 - M4.

Took around 7 hours with 2 stops. If we didn't have the kids and only needed a couple of comfort breaks, instead of proper stops, it would have been closer to 6 hours.

There's roadworks on the M4 between Newport and Cardiff with a few speed cameras along the way but not average speed cameras.

I would recommend the services on the M5 just before the start of the M50 (Strensham, I think). Quite new and has a Costa for a caffeine hit for the last leg of the journey.

Whats the A483 down through Chester, Wrexham and Welshpool like? I was thinking about going down that way.

It may perhaps save you 30-60 minutes. Possibly. It's a very scenic drive in parts, but a lot of slow, bendy country road and tractors delaying you etc. It drives you mad at times.

I would personally take the M5, M50, A49, M4 route, but if you fancy a country drive, there's no harm in it.

I believe it's because they don't have their own notes and they are miffed because their emblems are used on UK coins :O ........... not sure tho' maybe the good lady who told me was pulling my leg :P but certainly in Aberystwyth I had a few funny looks while trying to spend my tenner in the chip shop, but i just started to eat the chips whilst they argued with me :D:D:D

The problem is the same in Scotland I'm afraid. I have a mate who comes over from Northern Ireland and he has real problems getting Scottish shops to accept Ulster Bank notes.

Hi everyone

Hope you have a great trip to Llanelli and enjoy your welcome.

Are any of you staying at the Stradey Park Hotel? If so, you should (before heading off to the fanzone at Stebo, of course), check out the Furnace Rugby Club. It's a 5 mins walk from the hotel and has one of the cheapest bar prices around!!! Should be open around 10ish on Thursday morning.

Come out of the Hotel car park and walk down towards the village of Furnace. You'll see a Post Office on your left, mini roundabout in road and on your right the Stradey Arms Pub. Outside this pub, walk 10 yards (if that) and keep looking to your right for a path/road leading down to the club. Its 50 yards max down this road, club on your left as you stroll down.

Enjoy and come on the Reds !!!!!