Murphy To Celtic?

dazamfc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youth at the club must have been one of the things spoken about in any interview between the manager and chairman. Surely Gannon must bring in players to compliment them and selling is not an option.

As I've said earlier, I seriously doubt this will ever come to pass. But let's not say that Murphy would be a massive loss. A massive loss is a key player leaving (we should know, seen enough recently). This would be a surprising decision to sell a promising youngster (though not as surprising as Celtic's decision to buy him). Like Frazzle, I wouldn't be crushed if he left...

Not meaning to abuse the topic starter but I think this is just another case of starting a topic just for the sake of it.....

Not really, if hes heard a rumour then hes inclined to share with other Well fans. Gets a good debate going.

Considering Mowbray has an eye for youth with signings such as Dorrans at WBA, it wouldn't completely surprise me.

He also bought Fortune on the back of his performance for Nanct at FP and IIRC, Murphy wa sour only shining light that night.

More than likely to be a rumour but it is plausible.

Massive season beckons for Murphy, his performance the other night was a slight cause for concern.

Being honest, right now the only way in which Murphy could be considered a loss would be in relation to the number of players we have. Despite the hype, he has yet to make any telling contribution to our side. I think he is far too lightweight for an SPL striker.

I agree with the others on this thread who don't think it is likely to happen but if it did he'd be no loss.

Stuart.

Considering Mowbray has an eye for youth with signings such as Dorrans at WBA, it wouldn't completely surprise me.

He also bought Fortune on the back of his performance for Nanct at FP and IIRC, Murphy wa sour only shining light that night.

You could also make an argument that Chris McCart might have given them a nod in his direction if you wanted to give reasons why it could happen. But, like I say, implausible...

While I don't think Murphy is hopeless (far from it), I'd be quite happy if Celtic came in with a cash offer for him right now. He is nowhere near the finished article - too lightweight, drifts in and out of games and very often makes the wrong decisions when he has the ball.

If we got more cash in to help bolster the squad with more experienced players at the expense of Murphy, I would be happy with that.

Thursday showed us, amongst other things, that no matter how good your youngsters are, you can't play them all at once. Fitzpatrick and Darren Smith should both have played as, even if they are not as technically good as the young lads, they know what they're doing and can handle the 'big' match atmosphere.

While I don't think Murphy is hopeless (far from it), I'd be quite happy if Celtic came in with a cash offer for him right now. He is nowhere near the finished article - too lightweight, drifts in and out of games and very often makes the wrong decisions when he has the ball.

If we got more cash in to help bolster the squad with more experienced players at the expense of Murphy, I would be happy with that.

Thursday showed us, amongst other things, that no matter how good your youngsters are, you can't play them all at once. Fitzpatrick and Darren Smith should both have played as, even if they are not as technically good as the young lads, they know what they're doing and can handle the 'big' match atmosphere.

I'll need to go for a lie down. A post of Frazzle's I agree with every word of...

He is nowhere near the finished article - too lightweight, drifts in and out of games and very often makes the wrong decisions when he has the ball.
Sounds a lot like Faddy when he made his breakthrough into the first team. I'm glad we didn't sell him on so early in his career.