Albania

Mitch

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often are the ferries from Corfu to Albania? Arrive in Corfu earlyThurs morn

Im not sure how often but I know that there are ferries everyday. I never took that ferry but when I was in Saranda for vacation I remember seeing a 25 euro price for the ticket. From Saranda to Vlora you can take a bus which I don't think costs more than 5 euros. Once you arrive in Saranda you can go to a tourist information center and ask. There might also be mini buses but if you are a group you can also get a taxi. Just make sure it's a licenced taxi

What would you recommend as the best way to get there? I live just south of London and at a push could set off on Wednesday. Should I fly to Corfu or Italy and get the ferry etc. or fly to Albania itself? All the London airports are within two hours drive for me. I'd prefer to keep the cost sensible in the hope of future European adventures later in the tournament.

Any advice on routes / airlines / ferries etc. would be appreciated.

If you go with Lufthansa you get this itenerary for $676 (taxes included) at www.orbitz.com

Leave

<h4 class="legTitle">Wed, Jul 15</h4> <h4 class="legTitle"> Lufthansa 4767 </h4> LH.gif Depart:6:05amArrive:8:55am London, United Kingdom (LHR)

Munich, Germany (MUC)

1 stop

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 35min

<h4 class="legTitle"> Lufthansa 3396

operated by Lufthansa CityLine </h4> LH.gif Depart:10:30amArrive:12:10pm Munich, Germany (MUC)

Tirana, Albania (TIA)

Total duration: 5hr 5min

Choose this return

Return

<h4 class="legTitle">Fri, Jul 17</h4> <h4 class="legTitle"> Lufthansa 3397

operated by Lufthansa CityLine </h4> LH.gif Depart:12:45pmArrive:2:35pm Tirana, Albania (TIA)

Munich, Germany (MUC)

1 stop

Change planes. Time between flights: 0hr 30min

<h4 class="legTitle"> Lufthansa 4816

operated by Augsburg Airways </h4> LH.gif Depart:3:05pmArrive:4:15pm Munich, Germany (MUC)

London, United Kingdom (LCY)

So pretty much arriving there wed around noon and leaving friday afternoon

I'm not going to make it anymore folks but I was looking at a relatively cheap route if anyone's interested.

- Flight from Stansted to Brindisi (ITA). £19.99 with Ryanair (exc. tax).

- Ferry from Brindisi to Vlore (about 80 Euro I think).

Hardly breaking the bank, just need to get yourself to London. Not sure what availability will be now though.

All set now.

Slight change of plan, leaving first thing tomorrow, driving down through Serbia to Macedonia. Overnight in Tetovo, then finish the journey on Wednesday.

Don't imagine they'll be a lot of people making the journey, but hope to meet those who do.

All set now.

Slight change of plan, leaving first thing tomorrow, driving down through Serbia to Macedonia. Overnight in Tetovo, then finish the journey on Wednesday.

Don't imagine they'll be a lot of people making the journey, but hope to meet those who do.

Good luck with the trip - you're certainly taking the scenic route!!

Evening everyone,

I know that Flow has posted the basic ticket info onto the club website however for those travelling and therefore collecting tickets over in Albania you'll be given information at the time of purchase as to how to pick them up.

Just a note however for everyones reference just in case you need to contact the club while you are over in Albania - the team are staying at the Sheraton Hotel in Tirana and Flow, Leeann Montgomery and myself will be there from early on Wednesday morning. When you purchase your tickets you'll get a sheet with full contact details and times that we'll be there or at the stadium however for those who might need it I felt a note on where we are staying would be useful.

Jade and Karen in the ticket office will be in contact with us from the UK also by email so we can get message that way also. A reminder, my email address is leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk but please only use this as necessary and remember to include a contact telephone number.

This will hopefully make sure no-one is left without a ticket. Leeann and myself will be at the stadium on Thursday if all else fails although I'd urge you all to pick tickets up as soon as possible. Flow will post similar info on the official web also for those who don't read this site...

Leeann

I'm gutted I had the time off and cancelled it on the way up the road on Friday, having been informed of the announcement on the official site :evilgrin:

A couple of holidays left for another game, but this one really does sound like a good wee trip.

Best of luck to all that make it.

Nice message on official site regarding tickets(?) and asking fans to enjoy the trip. <_<

This whole episode has been a bit of a joke IMO. Surely the club could have ran a charter allowing a small amount of fans to travel in relative safety.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=136

In my opinion it's all down to the club saving cash on the charter and sending the players via BA. I heard a whisper from a Llanelli club official that a charter was booked by JB and if Llanelli progressed they would have the option of taking up the booking for the charter.

Could the don't travel warning from the club be an excuse to dump the charter and its high cost and save face at the same time?

Nice message on official site regarding tickets(?) and asking fans to enjoy the trip. <_<

This whole episode has been a bit of a joke IMO. Surely the club could have ran a charter allowing a small amount of fans to travel in relative safety.

Why is it that everything our club does is "a bit of a joke" to some people? The ticket thing for Nancy, Inverurie & Llanelli were all referred to as jokes. The new strip is allegedly a joke, the pitch last year was a joke (I'll concede that it actually was a bit of a joke), the fact that it took over a week to appoint a new manager was a joke, the fact that we didn't sign any players until said manager arrived was a joke. If all these things actually were jokes, we'd be the laughing stock of European football. Which we're not. Nobody's come up to me and said "See your team didn't sign a player until the 2nd of July this year.... what a joke!"

Why is it that everything our club does is "a bit of a joke" to some people? The ticket thing for Nancy, Inverurie & Llanelli were all referred to as jokes. The new strip is allegedly a joke, the pitch last year was a joke (I'll concede that it actually was a bit of a joke), the fact that it took over a week to appoint a new manager was a joke, the fact that we didn't sign any players until said manager arrived was a joke. If all these things actually were jokes, we'd be the laughing stock of European football. Which we're not. Nobody's come up to me and said "See your team didn't sign a player until the 2nd of July this year.... what a joke!"

Think you're mis-quoting me a bit there.

The only issue I'm referring to here is the game in Albania.

Even the guys I know who are going to Albania are pissed off that the club are not running a charter.

Anyway, I promise not to critisise the club again if it annoys you so much <_<

In my opinion it's all down to the club saving cash on the charter and sending the players via BA. I heard a whisper from a Llanelli club official that a charter was booked by JB and if Llanelli progressed they would have the option of taking up the booking for the charter.

Could the don't travel warning from the club be an excuse to dump the charter and its high cost and save face at the same time?

If it's true that they are flying BA, then it's a false economy by the club, given that they would be leaving Glasgow (I presume) on the 1000 flight, connecting at Gatwick at 1545, and not arriving at the Sheraton before 2100 tonight. I know from experience that it's a physically and mentally exhausting journey.

Also, if they are returning via that route, the flight doesn't get back to Gatwick until 2255, so there's no connecting flight until Saturday morning.

Not sure what the costs of a charter are, but I think that given the circumstances and significance of this trip, it may have been a more suitable option.

I watched Jim Gannons interview from the day afer he took the job. 'Flow was wanderring about in the background with a tank-top effort that made him look like Norris from Corrie. It's a total joke that the club sanctioned the wearing of such an unfashionable item.

I watched Jim Gannons interview from the day afer he took the job. 'Flow was wanderring about in the background with a tank-top effort that made him look like Norris from Corrie. It's a total joke that the club sanctioned the wearing of such an unfashionable item.

I noticed that as well - what a disgrace.

and the grass didn't have a pattern mown into it yet!

I agree with you on all the other issues, however, with regards to Albania the club have embarrased themselves. Firstly, they warn us against going quoting the home office and Strathclyde police and both of them deny ever speaking to Motherwell. Then they retract it and say they are happy that its ok and safe to travel. They should have asked questions first and then released a statement instead of doing it the other way about.

Think you're mis-quoting me a bit there.

The only issue I'm referring to here is the game in Albania.

Even the guys I know who are going to Albania are pissed off that the club are not running a charter.

Anyway, I promise not to critisise the club again if it annoys you so much <_<

Sorry mate, I meant to say that I wasn't getting on at you in particular, but I saw it as an opportunity to vent a bit of frustration at some of the stick the club gets for very little reason. And by all means, criticise the club as much as you like, I'm not trying to stop you doing that. I just think some of the criticism the club gets is borderline ridiculous at times.

Just my opinion though!

If it's true that they are flying BA, then it's a false economy by the club, given that they would be leaving Glasgow (I presume) on the 1000 flight, connecting at Gatwick at 1545, and not arriving at the Sheraton before 2100 tonight. I know from experience that it's a physically and mentally exhausting journey.

Also, if they are returning via that route, the flight doesn't get back to Gatwick until 2255, so there's no connecting flight until Saturday morning.

Not sure what the costs of a charter are, but I think that given the circumstances and significance of this trip, it may have been a more suitable option.

the team will be even more exhausted as they dont get there till wednesday night <_<

Sorry mate, I meant to say that I wasn't getting on at you in particular, but I saw it as an opportunity to vent a bit of frustration at some of the stick the club gets for very little reason. And by all means, criticise the club as much as you like, I'm not trying to stop you doing that. I just think some of the criticism the club gets is borderline ridiculous at times.

Just my opinion though!

No problem mate. I'm usually quite supportive of the club as well but this whole episode has left a bit of a bitter taste. If the club hadn't made that statement on Friday, I'm sure many more fans, myself included, would have made a more serious effort to travel.