Albania

Mitch

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 'Flow

That's not the case at all - We're talking with the Albanian's about the best way to distribute them which could well be selling them at the ground as opposed to trying to send them to Scotland and putting them on sale with a window of less than 48 hours before people/club start to travel...

'Flow

From the north border of Albania that connects Albania and Montenegro it is about a 2 hour drive down to Tirana. From Tirana to Vlore I would say about 2.5 hours drive if you are lucky. The highway is pretty good from the North border to Tirana and then Tirana - Durres is a good highway Durres - Rrogozhine - Lushnje is a good highway. Lushnje - Fier just got build and Fier - Vlore is the only part that is still getting build as we speak. So don't expect 6 lane highways but they are big enough for the population of Albania.

Shkoder - Tirane

n1ym3s.jpg

Tirane - Durres

2cyr86o.jpg

124c8q1.jpg

Durres - Lushnje

librazhd-elbasan.jpg

Lushnje - Fier

April-9-14-55-34rruga1.JPG

Hope to make it to support the Well, but likely to be a late decision due to work issues.

Will know for certain tomorrow.

Hope you get a chance to come down.

Meant to ask, what is the system on the roads, are they toll, vignette or free?

Hope you get a chance to come down.

Meant to ask, what is the system on the roads, are they toll, vignette or free?

The roads within Albania are free.

One thing to check when you are hiring your car, or if you are using your own car from Budapest is that you have the required green cards to go through the countries you traverse on your journey.

That's not the case at all - We're talking with the Albanian's about the best way to distribute them which could well be selling them at the ground as opposed to trying to send them to Scotland and putting them on sale with a window of less than 48 hours before people/club start to travel...

'Flow

So what exactly is the offical message from the club regarding fans who might still be considering travelling to Albania?

And has this changed since last Friday.

Doesn't seem to be any info on the official website, think the original statement has now been removed.

:rolleyes:

The roads within Albania are free.

One thing to check when you are hiring your car, or if you are using your own car from Budapest is that you have the required green cards to go through the countries you traverse on your journey.

What would you recommend as the best way to get there? I live just south of London and at a push could set off on Wednesday. Should I fly to Corfu or Italy and get the ferry etc. or fly to Albania itself? All the London airports are within two hours drive for me. I'd prefer to keep the cost sensible in the hope of future European adventures later in the tournament.

Any advice on routes / airlines / ferries etc. would be appreciated.

Does that mean deco's club insider was telling porkies ?

Think the club were officially "not taking any tickets" because they didn't want any hassle but if anyone is determined to travel then they will be made available.

Fair enough, I suppose, but they should be a bit more open about it.

What would you recommend as the best way to get there? I live just south of London and at a push could set off on Wednesday. Should I fly to Corfu or Italy and get the ferry etc. or fly to Albania itself? All the London airports are within two hours drive for me. I'd prefer to keep the cost sensible in the hope of future European adventures later in the tournament.

Any advice on routes / airlines / ferries etc. would be appreciated.

ba flight from london was £800ish straight in :D

Been reliably informed by my scource, every fan who travels will get a framed players jersey

on leaving the ground. As long as you cough up the £400 quid before you go ! :D

Was seriously thinking of going but after being RELIABLY informed the club were not taking tickets , precious time was wasted which could have been used trying to get a route to albania. Even if i could afford fares now , i can't get the days off required :(

Suppose this is what seperates us fans from DECORATOR "The only REAL fan we have ! " :lol:

BIG JOHN SUTTON

M O T H E R W E L L 'S No. 9 !!!