Albania

Mitch

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a regular poster but read the board most days

I think the board are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Look at the trip to Albania - does anyone know the cost of chartering a plane to Albania ( i appreciate they could subsidise it with some fans travelling but in the present climate perhaps not the best idea in the world), perhaps scheduled airline works out cheaper and does the job.

We have no TV deal, Canterbury go tits up, McGhee left us with little or no team - do we really want club to spend more than it can possibly bring in - do we really want to go back to the dark days a few years ago, I for one think that JB is being prudent and in todays climate no bad thing.

Yes they have fecked up a few times but I beleive things are getting better

Happy clappy rant over just wish I was able to go this week - off on holiday Friday

But for those that are making considerable effort - have a great time and make us proud once again.

Eh?

Isn't it the case that under UEFA rules the away team has to be in the country a minimum of 24 hours before kick-off?

Yeah , that's what I thought. One of the International teams were complaining last year because the Scotland Under 21's got delayed heading over for a game and missed the 23 hour deadline. They wanted the game replayed as Scotland still beat them. I think it might even have been the Albanian under 21's they were playing.

I'd be surprised ifwe haven't arranged to be there at some point tonight or early tomorrow.

I agree with you on all the other issues, however, with regards to Albania the club have embarrased themselves. Firstly, they warn us against going quoting the home office and Strathclyde police and both of them deny ever speaking to Motherwell. Then they retract it and say they are happy that its ok and safe to travel. They should have asked questions first and then released a statement instead of doing it the other way about.

And then the fans moan about a lack of communication from the club.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I'd personally rather see the club cut a bit of slack for a change as they are very much operating in unchartered terrority with such a trip, and you can also throw in the fact that it's also happening on an extremely tight schedule when compared to other European trips that ourselves and other teams have organised in recent years.

With hindsight it's certainly been an error in judgement to proceed with the statement they did on Friday, but undeniably I think it was done with the best of intentions and at least it will act as another learning curve for all involved.

As far as the charter v scheduled flight is concerned, I think it's purely down to the club to do what's right for the club on this one, given the circumstances.

The club screwed up with the initial message not to travel and its sad that folk have been denied the opportunity to travel on the back of that, but I have a degree of sympathy with MFC when it comes to organising their trip to Albania.

Perhaps if the second leg was over there they might have had more time to plan something that involved supporters but given that we've had fans just arriving home as late as yesterday (albeit mabye via TITP) from Wales and that the they would have to leave today/tomorrow if they had gone for a charter how it wouldn't have given them a great amount of time to guage interest, organise a package for supporters and then take payment for said package.

On another note perhaps the lack of a chartered flight is one of the reasons why there's a deathly silence about radio and tv coverage.

And then the fans moan about a lack of communication from the club.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

This is completely different. You can't just say don't travel to a country because it's unsafe before actually consulting people in said country because they have been proven wrong and offended people in the process. It is just hasty and not right. They could have released the statement saying we are consulting with the Albanian officials and then we will release a further statement in due course and that would be doing both at the same time.

This is completely different. You can't just say don't travel to a country because it's unsafe before actually consulting people in said country because they have been proven wrong and offended people in the process. It is just hasty and not right. They could have released the statement saying we are consulting with the Albanian officials and then we will release a further statement in due course and that would be doing both at the same time.

I read the retraction / correction and leeann's post on here pretty soon after that though - Did you not see any of it.

But like yourself I prefer to dwell on the original mistake and ill judged statement. the club are a disgrace.

I watched Jim Gannons interview from the day afer he took the job. 'Flow was wanderring about in the background with a tank-top effort that made him look like Norris from Corrie. It's a total joke that the club sanctioned the wearing of such an unfashionable item.

That's the thing - I don't think the club did sanction it. He's out of control - a total loose cannon.... <_<

I read the retraction / correction and leeann's post on here pretty soon after that though - Did you not see any of it.

But like yourself I prefer to dwell on the original mistake and ill judged statement. the club are a disgrace.

If you read my posts I am very supportive of the club and have blasted people for always criticising the least little thing and have never banded them a disgrace and never will. However, I do think they are due some this time though and I don't think my words should be twisted beacuse I chose to vent a very RARE criticism. I never saw Leeann's post no I must have missed but i don't think it takes away my right to criticise the haste of the original statement.

To be fair Netherton, if you read Leanne's post re: the club's Friday statement then she's already acknowledged it to be a bit hasty and rash, but she has done us the courtesy of explaining the intention and rationale behind it. I don't think we can ask anymore after the event and to continue to air your rare criticism is really flogging a dead horse.

I totally appreciate all the ill feeling re the don't go messages sent out by the club but such is life and the game is only two days away.

I just want to wish all the the travelling steelmen the very best of luck and hope they have a brilliant time while i stay at home being sick with jealousy,and if i'm lucky, listening to the game somewhere in Sunny Motherwell!! HOPEFULLY!

Anyone know any update re the game on radio or TV anywhere?

To be fair Netherton, if you read Leanne's post re: the club's Friday statement then she's already acknowledged it to be a bit hasty and rash, but she has done us the courtesy of explaining the intention and rationale behind it. I don't think we can ask anymore after the event and to continue to air your rare criticism is really flogging a dead horse.

Today was the only time i have aired my criticism and the only reason that I did was because there was people seem to think the club should be exempt from criticism when like anyone else the should. All my other posts have been 100% in support of the club and as I said my words should not be twisted if i vent a rare criticism on any topic. And i do apologise for missing that statement , i don't no how but i missed it.

I just want to reassure all those Motherwell fans that are making the trip to vlora, that u will thoroughly enjoy the experience (apart from the results). Vlora its a safe town and u will not fight the slightest problem, Flamurtari, doesnt really have a football hooligan problem. Anyone that needs any advise or faces any problems i be happy to help just drop me an email.

I just want to reassure all those Motherwell fans that are making the trip to vlora, that u will thoroughly enjoy the experience (apart from the results). Vlora its a safe town and u will not fight the slightest problem, Flamurtari, doesnt really have a football hooligan problem. Anyone that needs any advise or faces any problems i be happy to help just drop me an email.

itsatrap.jpg

Guest 'Flow

We've certainly been well looked after since we've got here - everyone from Albania has been very friendly.

Only thing that is killing me is the heat but that's because I am the whitest guy in Europe....

Lookin forward to the game!

'Flow

We've certainly been well looked after since we've got here - everyone from Albania has been very friendly.

Only thing that is killing me is the heat but that's because I am the whitest guy in Europe....

Lookin forward to the game!

'Flow

There is that and also carrying a few extra pounds in that heat is a struggle B-)

Bit cocky? B-)