Sorry Guys....unhappy Topic But Need Some Help!

I'm not pretending anything, but are you suggesting that all the folk that were in Llanelli are diehards who go to the games every week? Not a chance.

Was said in an earlier post that the people who attacked the older man were both season ticket holders.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you are just guessing. If you are claiming that over the years there haven't been diehard fans who got drunk and into a punch-up, then you have been turning a blind eye. It happens at every club. There is no need to try and make excuses that they aren't 'real' fans. Clubs do have real fans that also cause trouble, and that's the major reason booze was banned from the grounds.

So let's not get bogged down in semantics. It was Motherwell fans who caused the problem, now it's up to the rest of us (and the club) to make sure they are dealt with. By the sound of it, that's exactly what is happening.

Aye, I don't disagree with any of that. But that's why I compared it to the Rangers in Manchester scenario. Of course diehards (including myself!) have got drunk and disgraced themselves, but I think it's less likely, purely because I think there's a sense that you're representing your club (and country) when you go on these trips. I was absolutely blootered when I was in Nancy, but I never once had the notion to cause bother. There's a feeling that's hard to describe but I always feel proud when I come back from a Scotland trip and read the locals from wherever I've been gushing about what great ambassadors we've been. The last couple of seasons that has extended to Motherwell, and that's why I remarked that it's less likely to be well-travelled fans who would shame the club.

But I take your point, and you're right in what you're saying - it could easily have been a diehard who done it - I'm just speculating and passing comment.

But I take your point, and you're right in what you're saying - it could easily have been a diehard who done it - I'm just speculating and passing comment.
Aye, me too, of course :mellow: I just think we need to be careful as supporters as it's easy to dismiss an incident like this as being caused by outsiders. What is positive is the general condemnation from the other fans.

I got off the bus at Fir Park but have been told that it all kicked off again when the bus returned to Wishaw......

Eejits.

Not with the two who assaulted the old man? Surely they were arrested and charged with GBH ??? They should have spent the night in the cells at Llannelli.

The whole thing is a disgrace and shows that some folk just shouldn't drink all day. The attitude of the main perpetrators was definitely influenced by the bevvy, although there is no excuse for viciously assaulting a pensioner, especially one of your own.

If there is evidence then bans should be given out. I hope the old fella isn't put off going to away game, and maybe the club should do something for him.

I know the whole incident put a dampner on the trip for many fans, so here's hoping justice is done.

Strathclyde's finest were also taking a keen interest in the proceedings.

Yes, I had the chance to talk to a couple of the Police who were down, they worked extremely hard to help organise stuff at the fanzone and assist the fans whilst keeping an eye on proceedings. No small task with the numbers involved and the presence of unlimited booze. Credit where it's due.

Unfortunately there is no legislating for the type of arsehole that attacks an old man.

I am reliably infomed that the 2 cretins got the jail, there type should not be made welcome amongst us.

I got off the bus at Fir Park but have been told that it all kicked off again when the bus returned to Wishaw......

Eejits.

Polomint did you happen to have a 'yoda' ringtone which you shared early in the journey :( .

Please tell me this didn't happen at Wishaw - though the potential was there after the threats had been made on the return journey - if it has then I think the perpetrator should also receive some form of punishment - he is a well-known 'face' (having been married very publicly on the fir park playing surface some years ago). Names and addresses were given to bus organisers so a method of elimination should provide the necessary information to the club. Can anyone confirm what actually happened.

Great result on the park last night - huge OG off it though :thumbup:

Polomint did you happen to have a 'yoda' ringtone which you shared early in the journey :( .

Please tell me this didn't happen at Wishaw - though the potential was there after the threats had been made on the return journey - if it has then I think the perpetrator should also receive some form of punishment - he is a well-known 'face' (having been married very publicly on the fir park playing surface some years ago). Names and addresses were given to bus organisers so a method of elimination should provide the necessary information to the club. Can anyone confirm what actually happened.

Great result on the park last night - huge OG off it though :thumbup:

I tried - unsuccessfully - to bluetooth it to someone if that's what you mean?

GazzyB - no chance the 80 year old man threw the first punch. I doubt he'd even be capable!

That's the worst of these types of incidents - stories are generated and opinions based on 'facts' (otherwise known as Chinese Whispers). The addition of alcohol dosen't help matters any either. Yes there is a certain sympathy with the 'Older' man, but unlike you I didn't see what actually happened to spark the incident, but was relying on 2nd hand stories - your comment, if true - and I have no reason to disbelieve you any more than I have to believe others I spoke to - it puts a slightly different slant on things, but still doesn't change my utter contempt for anyone willing to take this action against an 'old' man - no matter what the provocation might be.

I have it on very good authority that the culprits will be banned from the association buses, probably from Fir Park and potentially receive banning orders too. Meetings were held at the ground today and action WILL be taken.

It appears that the victim has decided NOT to press charges against his attackers, which speaks volumes for him. Happily the club will be treating him in some way, probably with hospitality at a game and have already visited him, with legend Doooogie in tow.

The thugs spent the night in the cells and although not facing criminal proceedings WILL face football sanctions. The bus convenors have spoken to the club and information has been passed on.

Justice WILL be done, and be seen to be done.

I thought it was another case of stewards being heavy handed but i clearly saw it wrong. Disgraceful. Hope the two gents are alright, i know who the older guy is and he has always seemed to me to be very quiet. Follows his team far and wide, hes the kind of supporter we need not the mugs that attacked him.

That's the worst of these types of incidents - stories are generated and opinions based on 'facts' (otherwise known as Chinese Whispers). The addition of alcohol dosen't help matters any either. Yes there is a certain sympathy with the 'Older' man, but unlike you I didn't see what actually happened to spark the incident, but was relying on 2nd hand stories - your comment, if true - and I have no reason to disbelieve you any more than I have to believe others I spoke to - it puts a slightly different slant on things, but still doesn't change my utter contempt for anyone willing to take this action against an 'old' man - no matter what the provocation might be.

Sorry, but there is no way he threw the first punch.

It happened right in front of me and it did not happen that way.

Not again, please .................. similar set-to in Nancy involving some wee fat drunk tosser. He knows who he is, and should also be banned for life................ fekin wanker :thumbup:

Two perfect examples why our authorites won't revert the ban on alcohol in football grounds.

Time to grow up children :(

Sorry, but there is no way he threw the first punch.

It happened right in front of me and it did not happen that way.

Okay, fair enough, I must've got it wrong, my apologies.

Did the older gentleman throw ANY punches at all? I thought I saw him punch one of the guys. Not looking to cause any trouble, but I think that's what I saw.

Fair do's mate - didn't know how close you were to the incident - didn't think for a minute that any punch had been thrown prior to the attack. Any news on the incident that happened when the bus arrived at Wishaw.

By the way the bluetooth transfer was succesful - thanks - my nephew adores Star Wars and having got a new mobile for his birthday, now has a treasured Yoda ringtone as well. I was sitting directly in front of you.

Yir - good to see that action is taken, we can't afford to sweep these type of things under the carpet.

As a positive to all this doom and gloom I would like to take this opportunity to thank the organisers for making the trip as comfortable and enjoyable as it was - without the dedication and commitment of these individuals none of the rest of us would have had such an easy time getting to the game - thanks I for one certainly appreciate your efforts.

Fair do's mate - didn't know how close you were to the incident - didn't think for a minute that any punch had been thrown prior to the attack. Any news on the incident that happened when the bus arrived at Wishaw.

By the way the bluetooth transfer was succesful - thanks - my nephew adores Star Wars and having got a new mobile for his birthday, now has a treasured Yoda ringtone as well. I was sitting directly in front of you.

Yir - good to see that action is taken, we can't afford to sweep these type of things under the carpet.

As a positive to all this doom and gollom I would like to take this opportunity to thank the organisers for making the trip as comfortable and enjoyable as it was - without the dedication and commitment of these individuals none of the rest of us would have had such an easy time getting to the game - thanks I for one certainly appreciate your efforts.

I've no news on the incident - Yir's wife :rolleyes::whistling: was sitting next to me and told us tonight that it had kicked off again in Wishaw. I wouldn't like to comment further than that!

Glad the ringtone has came in handy!!