Flamaturi V Motherwell

jonnymfc

Well guys I'm going for a 1-1 but from a little birddy within the club the team will be a 4-5-1 with the following line up bearing in mind Jennings hasn't been training full on as yet the team will be as follows:

Fraser

saunders

craigan

hutchison

hamell

reynolds ( behind midfield infront of defence)

o'brian

lasley

forbes

slane

Sutton

you heard it first and I think it's one of the best line up we've got when dealing with an unknown team!

That actually wouldn't surprise me, as it seemed that one of Gannon's stamps on the side was for Reynolds to drive forward anytime he had the ball at his feet and space in front of him. Playing in that hole would allow him to do that, and give defenders/midfielders a nightmare of a time having a split second to decide whether to leave their man to shut him down.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt get to Wales (had to attend a wedding the next day), so had to make do with watching it on S4C with BBC Scotland commentary on the wireless. Anyway, the commentator suggested that Slane would be an ideal option as the second striker. I'de quite like to see that myself, been impressed with the lad in the two occassions I've seen him now, and lets face it, McGarry is fucking mince!

This early in what is still pre season I can see us running out of steam after 60 or so. Will be difficult for the lads to know whether or not to put in the graft early doors and try and sneak a goal or play disciplined football at a slow place. Posession in the heat will be key.

If we get it wrong could be a hamering for us. Don't think JG will let that happen though. Can see jennings come on as a sub to help defensively after 60 is up. Lasley will show he is the man in the mid or he might lose out for the rest of the season with forbes impressing and jennings coming in.

2-0 to them ( two set pieces) but 3-0 in the return to us.

Im no sure how anyone can predict a scoreline, or even a result, of a game against a team no-one knows anything about, from a league that no-one knows anything about!

Thats like me going, "Im thinking of a team. Not telling you who it is but what do you think the score will be?"

And then folk actually trying to justify a guess.

:blink:

Im no sure how anyone can predict a scoreline, or even a result, of a game against a team no-one knows anything about, from a league that no-one knows anything about!

Thats like me going, "Im thinking of a team. Not telling you who it is but what do you think the score will be?"

And then folk actually trying to justify a guess.

:blink:

Calm doon for fuck sake we are only makin conversation we aren't gonnae put a bet on or anything, well i'm no anyway way and am a gamblin addict. I think people just come on here to moan :blink:

Get in there!!!! :D

My turn Al

I'm thinking of a team and what will the score be?

Hmmm... 8-0 to Roma? :blink:

Calm doon for fuck sake we are only makin conversation we aren't gonnae put a bet on or anything, well i'm no anyway way and am a gamblin addict. I think people just come on here to moan :blink:

Shhh.

Haha, this thread is ridiculous. Predicting a score against a team who we know precisely fuck all about! :blink:

Yeah, but its still better than watching the usual Tuesday night crap on TV.

Anyway I predict 2-1 to Flamaturi. The heat will be a major factor and I also predict that JG will take his suit jacket off :blink:

post wasn't pointless!

So we don't know the team/so we dont know the league the team comes from! Fuck it that's what the European adventure is about!!!!!!For example the good people of Llanneli, egg chasers one and all, did not realise there was an important football game going on as you guys marched to the stadium. Did any of us take that sort of shit into account when we were suggesting there would be a 5-1 home leg win (yes that was me)! No coz we're in the untested. The place where we've been striving to be. Lets talk about that, get excited about it, created shit threads about it. And most importantly get 100% behind MFC!

Couple of interesting articles today....

Controversial referee handed Motherwell's Europa League tie

Jul 15 2009

MOTHERWELL'S Europa League clash in Albania will be refereed by controversial Austrian ref Fritz Stuchlik - a scourge of the Scots.

Stuchlik condemned Scotland to a 1-0 defeat in Lithuania in a Euro 2004 qualifier when he awarded a dodgy penalty to the hosts.

The 43-year-old later claimed he never saw a foul but gave the award against Jackie McNamara because he 'heard something'.

Then-manager Berti Vogts slaughtered Stuchlik after the game and was later reprimanded by UEFA.

Stuchlik has also proved a jinx to other Scottish sides he has refereed.

He was in charge for Scotland's dismal 0-0 draw in Estonia in 2000 and when Celtic lost 1-0 in Anderlecht in the Champions League in 2003.

Albanians vow to prove Motherwell wrong after Europa League slur

Jul 15 2009

MOTHERWELLwere last night told their Albanian hosts will prove them wrong after the Fir Park club's travel slur.

The Lanarkshire side travel to the coastal city of Vlore to take on Flamurtari tomorrow in their Europa League qualifier.

But Well officials almost sparked a diplomatic incident after the draw was made when they advised fans not to travel.

The club claimed Vlore was dangerous - a claim that was disputed by the British Embassy in Albania.

Flamurtari now say they are determined to prove to Motherwell that Vlore is a safe place and that any fans who do travel will be assured a warm welcome.

Latif Gjondeda, assistant manager of the Albania side, said: "In terms of what has been written about us by Motherwell, I hope we will show them that this is completely the wrong impression.

"I really hope Motherwell bring some supporters with them because then we can prove to them that we are friendly people.

"But if their fans do not travel because of what has been said then it is their choice. I can only say they would have received a warm welcome.

"It's on the field that matters, though, and I hope we can show everyone the true value of Albanian football.

"It won't be an easy game because the Scots will be tough. But we do not fear anyone.

"We have done our preparations on Motherwell and are very optimistic about the game."

New Motherwell signing Chris Humphrey could make Europa League bow

Jul 15 2009 Neil Cameron

MOTHERWELL boss Jim Gannon last night landed English winger Chris Humphrey ahead of his side's crunch Europa League tie in Albania.

The 22-year-old, who was linked with a move to Aston Villa in January, was snapped up for a nominal fee from League Two outfit Shrewsbury Town.

Gannon can now unleash his new signing in tomorrow night's Europa League qualifier against FK Flamurtari as new UEFA rules allow him one wildcard player who has not been registered as part of the official squad.

But the Well boss admitted he will only throw Humphrey in at the deep end in Albania if he feels he is physically up to the task.

Speaking before the deal was finalised last night, Gannon said: "We're in the process of recruiting one more player so if all goes well he could be our wildcard.

"Whether it's fair to bring him to Albania at such short notice remains to be seen. I may give him a week or two to get him up to speed.

"I didn't realise the squad had to be in with UEFA for five o'clock on Friday so it has left us restricted in what we're trying to do."

With or without Humphrey, the Well players are certain to be in for a stern test in Albania. The squad flew down to London last night and then travel to Tirana today.

At least a two-hour bus journey will take them to the port of Vlore for the game which will be played in scorching temperatures set to top 90 degrees.

Gannon said: "It's going to be hot and that will be a factor. Dehydration will become an issue but we have various strategies in place.

"The players will need to take on more water because they won't be used to playing in these kind of temperatures.

"It will inhibit their contribution to the game and it will be interesting to see how they react. It's another experience and another challenge.

"They will be working in extreme conditions."

Despite the acquisition of Humphrey and Tranmere midfielder Steve Jennings, Gannon still has a small squad to choose from.

But the Well boss admits he is just pleased all his players are fit for the first leg in Albania following the rough-house treatment dished out by Welsh side Llanelli in the last round.

Gannon said: "John Sutton took a couple of days to get over his injury but he was running well in training today.

"Mark Reynolds took a heavy knock in the game but he's recovered well. Steve Jennings took a knock in training but is fine and in my plans for Thursday. It's nice to have him in the squad.

"He's very competitive, he breaks play up but he is also a very constructive player with a good range of passing and he can score goals too."

But the Well boss admits he is just pleased all his players are fit for the first leg in Albania following the rough-house treatment dished out by Welsh side Llanelli in the last round.

Gannon said: "John Sutton took a couple of days to get over his injury but he was running well in training today.

IMHO best news in the whole piece.