In All Seriousness

Neil

Am I the only one that thinks it is a disgrace that the national broadcaster, publically funded and all, has no coverage of the game on television or radio? I think I'm right in saying that this has never happened before for any club, so why now?

It happens most years in the early rounds of the League cup (as those that read the SMS text reporting from some memorable games will testify ;) )

and frequently with the likes of the Intertoto

So not really a disgrace, giving the timing, but it would have been nice to have some feed

It happens most years in the early rounds of the League cup (as those that read the SMS text reporting from some memorable games will testify ;) )

and frequently with the likes of the Intertoto

So not really a disgrace, giving the timing, but it would have been nice to have some feed

I'm pretty sure there is usually radio coverage of the Intertoto games? Seem to remember listening to the Hibs/Elfsborg tie last year?

Were Setanta not supposed to be broadcasting these games? If so, then I imagine the Beeb had planned accordingly. With Falkirk to cover as well in this round, the early kick-off and The Open going on, I'm not surprised there isn't much coverage of a pre-pre qualifying round from Albania.

Falkirk at home in the same competition with a reasonable kick off time. Supply and demand as well though. If it was the OF then of course it would be covered.

Not difficult for them to send a team over to the game is it? Or at the very worst put 2 guys in the studio watching a monitor. Yet again, smaller clubs fans are second class.

Not difficult for them to send a team over to the game is it? Or at the very worst put 2 guys in the studio watching a monitor. Yet again, smaller clubs fans are second class.

I think though with the golf they would have trouble finding a channel on terrestrial tv. Wonder if we can see the Falkirk game later as well through the streams? Any idea Ceske Bairn?

Indeed. If the BBC could send a ridiculous number of reporters to TITP at whatever cost that was, they could send a wee team over to cover the match.

If it was the OF, as mentioned it would have been covered, sadly they seem to think any other team doesn't matter <_<

To be honest at this early stage i would have been calling for the head of publicly funded body execitive who wasted money sending camera crews or even paying for a studio for a game that is so early in a competition. If it was rangers or celtic...mayby aye,why? because these clubs have a massive fan base who would have watched the game however motherwell have an average attendence not a kick in the arse off of 5000 so the amount of people wanting to tune in at dinnertime on a thursday night when the biggest golf competition in the country is in full swing would be miniscule.......probably be lucky if it was 1000.

Hopefully motherwell progress then people can start making noises about television.

Live on the telly would have been a major surprise and with the Open taking up 810mw that would be out too. I don't think would have been unreasonable to hope for live commentary via the net though.

I said on another thread that had we had we been on a club charter then I think we might well have got that, but the hassle of sending a team with whatever equipment they would need on the "economy" route that MFC went, just wouldn't have been attractive to them at all.

Not at all surprised by the lack of live radio or TV coverage by the BBC or STV - we're not the OF after all. However I was a bit miffed that we barely got a mention on sports bulletins. Surely thats not too much to ask. When did the Scottish media ever support Scots football though?

Surely our home leg will be on tv next week?

Home game. I would have to say I hope not, well live anyway.

Highlights of us making swift passage into the next round about half ten/eleven o'clock next Thursday would be ideal but live coverage would likely just knock a few hundred off the gate.