Is Humphery Eligible To Play On Thursday?

Last post by:

In answer to your question NO.

There are 2 isuses here though, as we've seen with Steve Jennings. They may be eligible but are they fit? Thats an entirely different question.

Thats actually a really good shout, I reckon we'll see Jennings on as a sub at some point on thursday. It might not seem much but the rest of the team have had some pre-season training and now 3 competitive matches, that has to help their fitness.

Hopefully that wll realy tell come the start of the new season.

I thought he was eligible. ;)

After he signed did Gannon not say something along the lines of him being their wildcard for this round but with him still being unsure about whether he was going to take him to Albania with him at such short notice? Would that not mean he can still play in the return, should he be fit?

I thought he was eligible. ;)

After he signed did Gannon not say something along the lines of him being their wildcard for this round but with him still being unsure about whether he was going to take him to Albania with him at such short notice? Would that not mean he can still play in the return, should he be fit?

That's what I thought as well.

Was the "wildcard" deadline not Wednesday night? And I'm pretty sure we signed him before hand?

I got the impression that he was available but not fit enough to feature so was left at home.

It is mentioned in the Sunday Mail about that. I suppose we'll have to see an actual quote from someone within the club on that. It would be good to have that other option, although I suspect he'd only be a sub anyway.

That's what I thought as well.

Was the "wildcard" deadline not Wednesday night? And I'm pretty sure we signed him before hand?

I got the impression that he was available but not fit enough to feature so was left at home.

From the timing, I was pretty sure he was signed in time as well. I remember an interview where Gammon said he was going to be signed in time but that it wasn 't fair to stick him on the first flight to Albania. But then the day after the deadline had passed I'm sure i read an interview where he said he hadn't been signed on time. dunno.gif

its in the news of the world that gannon says he hopes to unleash humphrey on thursday so by that it would suggest that he can play and looks like he will play to destroy the albanians :(

Aye, but does it not also say on the bottom of the very same page that Jennings made his debut in Albania :thumbup:

I wouldnt mind the guy playing, but I'll beleive it either when the club confirm he can play or when i see it ;)