The Albo 10!

decorator

Pretty sure HB Torshavn played in an almost identical strip when we had them here 15 years ago. 15 years ago?!?! Makes you feel really old........

Albania was a superb trip!the Albanian people,Flamaturi fans,officials and the police were all really friendly and i think the people who made the trip were really suprised.

Had probably one of the best pre match drinking sessions i have had at a game prior to this match.Talking with the locals,Andy and his wife from Budapest and listening to Dougie and the Decorator talking about Motherwell.Thanks to Dougie and the Decorator for sharing the car and really making our trip!It was a great laugh.

Hopefully we can turn it around on Thursday i'm sure we can.My dad and i are both proud to say we are part of the Albanian 10 :whistling:

Albania was a superb trip!the Albanian people,Flamaturi fans,officials and the police were all really friendly and i think the people who made the trip were really suprised.

Had probably one of the best pre match drinking sessions i have had at a game prior to this match.Talking with the locals,Andy and his wife from Budapest and listening to Dougie and the Decorator talking about Motherwell.Thanks to Dougie and the Decorator for sharing the car and really making our trip!It was a great laugh.

Hopefully we can turn it around on Thursday i'm sure we can.My dad and i are both proud to say we are part of the Albanian 10 :wub:

Its an outside chance, but you might get your trip to see Ujpest sooner than you think.

Got to agree fully with everything you say, great trip and great people and a great set of Well fans.

Mind if either we or Ujpest don't get through, keep in touch and we'll arrange the Ujpest/Ferencvaros derby for you.

Cheers

Greig

All,

Let me add my views as part of the 'Albo 10': :P

First, thanks to the other 9 travellers and all the Vlore locals for making it such an eventful event. It's astonishing to find yourself in a situation where the players outnumber the fans. :whistling:

Next, I think everyone above has managed to put the correct perspective on the situation. However, I would to add my opinion.

I was disapointed with the timing of the advice for fans not to travel. On the day of the draw, I consulted the Foreign & Commonwealth Travel website, which I normally do in advance of travelling abroad. The message was that whilst road infrastructure was in places poor, Tirana and the Adriatic coast were safe. 

Consequently, I booked flights using airmiles and had we not progressed, I would have still travelled and supported the Welsh. After all, it wasn't such a long time ago that Albania was the least accessible European country.

Maybe tempting fate, however a club statement shortly after the draw, or indeed a joint one issued with Llanelli, would have been more appropriate. 20-20 hindsight, perhaps?

In any case, those of us who did travel were rewarded with the type of hospitality last witnessed in the UK several generations ago. B-)

Finally, I stayed behind in Albania until the Sunday and I managed to catch Jim being interviewed post-match on TV. Whilst he stopped short of criticising the club, he did state that he would have preferred more fans to have travelled.

Anyway, that's off my chest now and my first post completed. :lol: