Charter To Romania

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did they phone you?

Guys you'll appreciate that it has been quite a task pulling this together so we are still working through the detail. Diane and Wilma were getting through the calls etc as quickly as they could today. Diane is working tomorrow to try and tie up some of the loose ends - hopefully we'll have the hotel options finalised tomorrow also.

Don't worry, if Diane or Wilma spoke to you today then you'll be on the list. Mail me tomorrow if any issues. leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk

Please bear with us as the devil is in the detail. Remember the package on offer is for flights, match ticket and transfers by coach, we will recommed a couple of hotels with MFC rates however it is up to you to sort your own accomodation. I know you are aware of this but just to reiterate that point.

Leeann

Guys you'll appreciate that it has been quite a task pulling this together so we are still working through the detail. Diane and Wilma were getting through the calls etc as quickly as they could today. Diane is working tomorrow to try and tie up some of the loose ends - hopefully we'll have the hotel options finalised tomorrow also.

Don't worry, if Diane or Wilma spoke to you today then you'll be on the list. Mail me tomorrow if any issues. leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk

Please bear with us as the devil is in the detail. Remember the package on offer is for flights, match ticket and transfers by coach, we will recommed a couple of hotels with MFC rates however it is up to you to sort your own accomodation. I know you are aware of this but just to reiterate that point.

Leeann

Thanks Leeann...........and also to Brazilian for PM :D

I'm on the charter on my own too. Usually go to the games with my dad, but he can't make this one unfortunately due to health reasons. Mwellhighland and co, maybe meet up for a beer or two? ;)

something tells me you'll not be short of one or two fellow 'well fans for a beer or ten :P

Guest 'Flow
Club funds obviously short after paying their own way to Albania. Now hoping the FANS will pay the cost of this one !

Hardly.... Even if we sold the whole hundred spaces we'd be nowhere near meeting the costs to charter and run a plane to Romania. If we had to ‘cover our costs’ we’d have to charge each punter well over 800 quid per person!

The club will lose money on this but chartering provides the very best platform for the players to get to Bucharest in the best shape possible, giving them, hopefully, the best opportunity of a result.

'Flow

Hardly.... Even if we sold the whole hundred spaces we'd be nowhere near meeting the costs to charter and run a plane to Romania. If we had to 'cover our costs' we'd have to charge each punter well over 800 quid per person!

The club will lose money on this but chartering provides the very best platform for the players to get to Bucharest in the best shape possible, giving them, hopefully, the best opportunity of a result.

'Flow

Okay, it might not "cover our costs" completely but 100 fans paying roughly 500 quid each gives you 50 grand towards the total cost, which going by your own figures would be over 80 grand. Surely that is taken into consideration. ;)

ps, any info on sale of tickets for away leg?

Guest 'Flow

It is, but it would be much cheaper for the club to fly commercial via Amsterdam. We flew scheduled with BA for the last round and the trip was far from ideal.

In order to give the boys the very best possible chance a charter was considered a much better option this time around.... But, it won't even wash its face (not even close) but given the nature of the tie/opponents - we've got to give the squad every possible chance.

As for tickets - waiting to hear back from Bucharest. We've waiting by computers/mobiles to find out the information and when we do, you all will know about it.

Cheers

'Flow

Okay, it might not "cover our costs" completely but 100 fans paying roughly 500 quid each gives you 50 grand towards the total cost, which going by your own figures would be over 80 grand. Surely that is taken into consideration. ;)

ps, any info on sale of tickets for away leg?

I'm reading it that there's a cost per seat of £800 on the charter whether your travelling as part of the official party or as a supporter.

I'm reading it that the club are paying the £800 per head for the official party - plus £300 per head.

I'm not reading it that the fans are subsidising the club.

Maybe I'm just too trusting :P

Flow must feel like he can't win, a bit like the guys in the club shop. Had the club not provided travel plans some folk would have been outraged. "You'd think for a tie like this the club would have organised something", would definitely have appeared somewhere. Charter flight is provided and "it's a rip-off". ;)

It's there for any fans who like the convenience and security of official travel, though it won't be the cheapest option. If any travelling fans prefer to do it their own way on a budget, good on them. Horses for courses.

People like to moan - even after we have recorded our largest ever European win :huh:

It does not make commercial sense to charter a flight for the club, but it does in terms of ease of transfer with only one flight there and one back.

As Flow says in effect by charging supporters under £500 they (being the club) are subsidising the trip for the fans. Yes it works out in that the club are also getting nearly £50,000 towards the cost of the flight. But that is what we as fans do. We buy tickets and replica tops etc

The easiest way to get to Romania with the minimum of fuss is to go on the club charter. For some that is very attractive as they don't have time to faff about searching the web etc etc.

As it happens I am making my own way across because I live in the East and I cannot get away before Wednesday lunch time. Otherwise I would have taken the charter.

Flow must feel like he can't win, a bit like the guys in the club shop. Had the club not provided travel plans some folk would have been outraged. "You'd think for a tie like this the club would have organised something", would definitely have appeared somewhere. Charter flight is provided and "it's a rip-off". :D

Yep, yep yep yep.

You have caught on mate. Some folk on here defy belief!! :huh:

Never met folk who moan half as much as the constant whingers, whiners abd baby faced greeters as some on here.

Haud oan, I am moaning about them....

Better stop it is catching on ;)