Charter To Romania

Guest 'Flow

there's no way the club are subsidsing any fans. i think what flow means is that the £49,000 pounds from 'well fans doesn't quite cover the total cost of the flight and the club will have to pay a bit of the costs themselves.

can't see why anyone would pay over the odds for this anyway. there are cheaper options from glasgow and it wouldn't feel like your on a school trip.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 'Flow
there's no way the club are subsidsing any fans. i think what flow means is that the £49,000 pounds from 'well fans doesn't quite cover the total cost of the flight and the club will have to pay a bit of the costs themselves.

That is correct - but the difference between the two is still a fair bit more than what we'd have to pay going scheduled.

What I was replying to was the accusation that the club had set the price to cover the cost of travelling which is completely not true...

'Flow

Would love to go to this but can't make it (aint got time off for a couple of weeks yet). Club charters are well worth it, time we went to the Faroes and also Finalnd were brilliant.

STILL no contact from the club. I'll be raging if I'm not on charter.

Can't get through to Diane or the office, also tried to email Leeann but got an email back saying it wasn't delivered :P

Should I be resigned to missing out?

I think there's a problem with the club's servers or something cos I emailed Diane today and I've just received an undelivered message.

Booking a seat on the charter - if you have tried to contact us over the weekend by email then please be aware that as luck would have it!!!! - our emails appear to be down and won't be working again till at the earliest tomorrow morning.

So, in the meantime Diane can be contacted on : 07773 532198 if you have any questions ore want to confirm your place.

You can PM me any questions if you prefer and if it is hotel related then I am trying to sort that today. All the info has been sent to our office emails so trying to get resent to personal ones in order to get the hotel info out to those that need it.

Hardly.... Even if we sold the whole hundred spaces we'd be nowhere near meeting the costs to charter and run a plane to Romania. If we had to 'cover our costs' we'd have to charge each punter well over 800 quid per person!

The club will lose money on this but chartering provides the very best platform for the players to get to Bucharest in the best shape possible, giving them, hopefully, the best opportunity of a result.

'Flow

it cost me £1000 for the trip all in so that would have been a £200 in my hippy :angry:

I have booked to go on charter, paid by card over phone but money not taken yet. So hoping it will show by tommorow that payment has been made, and club phone to confirm hotels that are available

Single female, booked to go on chater 'cos felt it safer for me than arranging travel on my own.

It is expensive but to save making all the arrangents myself, including transfers etc. still think it was worth going on charter.

I have booked to go on charter, paid by card over phone but money not taken yet. So hoping it will show by tommorow that payment has been made, and club phone to confirm hotels that are available

Single female, booked to go on chater 'cos felt it safer for me than arranging travel on my own.

It is expensive but to save making all the arrangents myself, including transfers etc. still think it was worth going on charter.

Don't mean to sound patronising, but for a woman travelling alone I would say it's the safest bet. Not that women shouldn't travel alone in the same way guys do, but it's always better to be sensible. Safety in numbers etc in a unfamiliar country.

I'm booked :evilgrin::P

I don't know anyone else who's going...completely on ma tod :lol:

Now....how the fuck do I get Romanian money and how much? Only ever needed dollars or Euros

It`s probably not a currency that`s kept in stock so will need to be ordered in.

If you can go to a Post Office today and order it ( pay at the time of order ) it should be in the Post Office for you by Wednesday.

Or you could call a Bureau de Change at Glasgow Airport and ask if they will have it in stock

Just a wee word on the currency for the guys making the journey. The currency is Lue or Leu (cannae mind the spelling), but it changed a few years ago. Still called the same thing but the notes are totally different and I'm told that the old notes are no longer accepted, so if you are getting currency, I would strongly reccommend you get it from a high street bank or reputable bureau, even if the exchange rate isn't as good as what the travel agents/cash generator/etc are offerring. The reason for this is that the banks will order it in direct from Travelex or Thomas Cook, depending on the bank, so there's a guarantee that your notes will be valid.

Just got email from club, hotels they recommend are;

1) The Ramada Parc Hotel

3-5 Poligrafiei Avenue

Bucharest

2) The Ramada Plaza Hotel

Poligrafiei Ave 3-5

Bucharest

3) Novotel Bucarest City Centre

Calea Victoriei 37B - Sector 1

Bucharest

Want to know what others are doing before I book