Bucharest Travel Club!

scott_mfc

Ticket information | Print | E-mail Monday, 27 July 2009

Europa League third qualifying round first leg

The club can now confirm ticket information for the Europa League third qualifying round first leg against Steaua Bucharest on Thursday night.

Tickets, priced at 10 Ron (£2.00), are due to arrive in Motherwell tomorrow at noon and everything being well, they will go on sale from the ticket office (which will remain open till 7pm) at approximately 2pm.

£2 what a rip off ! I bet the locals will only be charged £1.50

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a point to note for all the guys going over:

I just went to the travel agents to get my currency and the woman said that the use of debit and credit cards in Romania can be extremely problematic.

She showed me the screen and every single type of card had "on occasions" next to it.

Perhaps a good idea to get Euro notes before you go. Remember if you are going to take Sterling, make sure it isnae Scottish!

Get money at the ATM machines at the Airport on arrival.

May need to confirm this but if staying around the Hotel Incontinental, i believe this is the Financial Centre of Bucharest so should be plenty of ATM's here, is this correct Mr Harrow??

Found this online;

Credit cards

Major credit cards including American Express, Mastercard and Visa are accepted in large hotels, car rental companies and stores in the main cities. However, credit cards are unlikely to prove useful in small towns or away from tourist areas.

Travelers' Checks

Preferably in US dollars or Euros, Travelers' Checks can be cashed in large banks, some hotels and selected exchange offices but most of them charge considerable commissions. Do not count on cashing such checks outside Bucharest and a few other major cities. For travel around the country it is a good idea to carry cash. Small stores and restaurants might accept U.S. Dollars in small denominations ($ 1, 5, 10 and 20) but the exchange rate offered will not be the best. Street handicraft vendors prefer Romanian currency.

That's good to hear, mate. You can't buy a beer for £2 over here. Is that the norm in Romania for a game ?

Well, back in 2008 when we played against Bayern, the prices were between 100 lei and 500 lei (20 - 102 GBP).

The championship prices are, of course lower, sitting at about 10 lei (2GBP) for low interest matches, and 15 lei (3GBP) at high interest ones in the [...] section(damn, the translation escapes me right now, i'm talking about the zones behind the goals)

100Lei(20GBP) is the price of the nicest seat at a big championship game.

But please consider that the average salary here is about 250-300 GBP, I don't know what's in Scotland.

Boggy - How many Steaua fans will go the the match? Given that Motherwell are not exactly glamour opposition! What is the capacity at the stadium?

I expect anything between 18.000 to 24.000. The stadium has a total capacity of 28.000 seats.

At the Ujpest match we had 20.000 guys in the stands. But maybe that was just to show the hungarians, who's "Da' boss" :doh:

Well, back in 2008 when we played against Bayern, the prices were between 100 lei and 500 lei (20 - 102 GBP).

The championship prices are, of course lower, sitting at about 10 lei (2GBP) for low interest matches, and 15 lei (3GBP) at high interest ones in the [...] section(damn, the translation escapes me right now, i'm talking about the zones behind the goals)

100Lei(20GBP) is the price of the nicest seat at a big championship game.

But please consider that the average salary here is about 250-300 GBP, I don't know what's in Scotland.

I expect anything between 18.000 to 24.000. The stadium has a total capacity of 28.000 seats.

is that for a week?

For a month. But that's a normal guy's salary. We have more luxury cars than any other European state. You see BMW X6, Audi Q7, Lamborghini's, Porsche's, etc, at every pace. So... Let's say, only the correct fools, like most of us, have those salaries.

Here are some short movies with our guys in the stands:

<_< Omg this guy bogdy doesn't have more then 15 year , i can beat on it , bogdane taci drak nu mai baga prostiile astea , ca nu ii intereseaza pe astia economia noastra , si u trebe sa ne dam smecheri ca suntem sub orice critica la capitolul asta fata de orice tara civilizata asa ca te rog sa incetezi ...

:P Omg this guy bogdy doesn't have more then 15 year , i can beat on it , bogdane taci drak nu mai baga prostiile astea , ca nu ii intereseaza pe astia economia noastra , si u trebe sa ne dam smecheri ca suntem sub orice critica la capitolul asta fata de orice tara civilizata asa ca te rog sa incetezi ...

<_<