Thats Me Off To Bucharest

mfcsuperwell

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to take some euros to pay my digs and just get romanian lei out an atm when i get there.

Wiki and other websites state that some places - hotels etc accept Euros but not that many. Going to buy some Romanian Lei here in UK and the rest over there as the exchange rate is supposedly a lot better. Mind out for the pickpockets especially on public transport. Bucharest is as safe a city as London but petty crime is quite high. Any wallets etc in zipped pockets - usual common sense stuff when in a big city - not unlike Motherwell actually :blush:

Bucharest is as safe a city as London but petty crime is quite high. Any wallets etc in zipped pockets - usual common sense stuff when in a big city - not unlike Motherwell actually :thumbup:
I think that's always good advice. People often let their guard down when they are on holiday, but if you act the way you would in Motherwell or Glasgow, you'll normally do just fine.

I think that's always good advice. People often let their guard down when they are on holiday, but if you act the way you would in Motherwell or Glasgow, you'll normally do just fine.

Yes, people just have to be sensible.

US dollars in Romania.

But its Ro...

Forget it. :P

There is a logic behind it. As I only knew I was going on Saturday and it is too short notice to get Romanian money I was advised to take Dollars as the exchange rate is better. Dollars are a commodity over there , apparently they love the green note. Now that I have explained myself it seems as though Trucks is on the wind up again as per usual.

:P we love euro not dollars , dollars had theyr period now 6-7 years , i will show you the exchange ratio of money , most exchange houses will have it like this : 1 DOLAR SUA =

2,9656 Lei

gbp.gif

1 LIRA STERLINA

= 4,8772

1 euro they buy with 4.1700 and sell with 4.2800

:O we love euro not dollars , dollars had theyr period now 6-7 years , i will show you the exchange ratio of money , most exchange houses will have it like this : 1 DOLAR SUA =

2,9656 Lei

gbp.gif

1 LIRA STERLINA

= 4,8772

1 euro they buy with 4.1700 and sell with 4.2800

Thank you very much. It seems I was mis-informed. Thank you for letting me know. :P

As the man has said it isnt as common these days to travel with USD to every country and then exchange them into the local currency. A few years ago this was always recommended. In recent years it has been alot more common for EUR to get punted out to Romania.

The best way is to just withdraw using your card abroad.

As the man has said it isnt as common these days to travel with USD to every country and then exchange them into the local currency. A few years ago this was always recommended. In recent years it has been alot more common for EUR to get punted out to Romania.

The best way is to just withdraw using your card abroad.

Somehow I don't think the will accept a Royal Bank of Scotland Solo Card :evilgrin:

Sure you'll be able to withdraw using most cards but I think Nationwide are the only ones who don't charge you for withdrawing money abroad.

The good lady and I have an account set up just for that. Transfer the dosh in before we go, and just withdraw it when we need it.