Paul Mcgrillen

Guest 'Flow

None of us are in a position to judge and have no clue about the circumstances that the Paul found himself in.

We don't need to know any of the whys and wherefores.

Players wearing armbands and us paying respects for 60 seconds are effortless acts and wouldn't hurt any of us if these things are being requested of us. As well as paying respects to the guy - we'll also be showing that our thoughts are with the family.

None of us are in a position to judge and have no clue about the circumstances that the Paul found himself in.

We don't need to know any of the whys and wherefores.

Players wearing armbands and us paying respects for 60 seconds are effortless acts and wouldn't hurt any of us if these things are being requested of us. As well as paying respects to the guy - we'll also be showing that our thoughts are with the family.

Totally agree, who cares what happened, he was one of ours, one of the team from the few good days in my life time watching 'Well and as fans and as a club we should respect his memory and demonstrate that respect in a football stadium.

It does not matter how he died, not wearing armbands would show a lack of respect on the clubs part as well as being incredibly judgemental. As the previous poster said as well, it is a gesture of support for the ones he loved as well.

RIP Paul.

Guest 'Flow

The club will try and wear armbands next week - very much so because his death has hit a lot of people at the club who knew Paul very well both from his time at the club and the work he's done at Fir Park since.

My only fear is that UEFA are ultra strict on these sorts of things but I don't foresee they'll make too much noise given the circumstances.

It was just too late to organise for last night but as you would imagine, we'll pay proper respects to Paul at next Thursday's game.

RIP Paul

'Flow

P.S I remember playing against him for Well Trust at the astro (he was the top scorer in Div 3 with Stenny at the time) and I've never had such a torrid time on a football pitch. Think he scored 6 that afternoon.

Very saddened by the news that Paul is no longer with us, a member of the best squad during the fondest moments of my time as a supporter.

Rest in Peace Mowgli

Deepest condolences go out to all his family and friends

I'm so sorry for his family and I'm sorrier that the man himself felt that he couldn't keep on living.

He was part of the team I grew up watching and I'll be happy to show support in any way possible, including anything that's done for the family.

I think you're right wee yin, the tragedy is compounded when somebody takes their own life because we know he/she was suffering terribly, and I suppose it's one of those things nobody could understand unless they've been there. It's terrible to think that anyone could be at such low point they feel death is their only escape. That level of anguish is something that, thankfully, only a very small minority experience. Very, very sad for him and his young family.

Very sad indeed to see this and see the circumstances behind it.

For someone to do this there must be some very underlying issues that none of us a privy too. It is an illness and should be seen as such. We shouldn't judge, only mourn.

RIP Paul. My thoughts are with your wife and kids.

I'm gutted that hes gone but I don't think any less of him. I feel sorry for him and his family. Footballers are people aswell, it just seems to hit the news that bit easier which makes other people be that bit more judgemental.

RIP Paul.

Here's a couple of photies from that day.

100_0746.JPG

I recall also taking a good one of the late, great Jamie Dolan running towards the camera, I'll have to find it and post it up. Just summed up Jamie that pic, 110% no matter the match.

Just back from Bucharest and I have to say that hearing the news really put a dampener on the day and trip. Just could not believe yet another Well player had gone from us.

Always liked Mowgli. Along with the likes of Doogie, maybe it is because I am vertically challenged myself I always like the wee guys.

RIP Mowgli.