Paul Mcgrillen

Guest 'Flow

I heard about this in Romania on the morning of the match, but I've only really began thinking about it properly since arriving back home.

Terrible news, and so tragic. I can't imagine how his family are feeling right now. Condolences to them.

I always liked the wee man when he was at Motherwell. He was in one of the best 'Well sides I've seen, and he was always an exciting player to watch. I only met him once when I was a kid and I went to a football coaching course run by the club. He came in at the end of the week to dish out certificates and get pictures taken. He always seemed a happy guy and a bit of a joker.

RIP, Paul.

:mellow:

My memory is maybe playing tricks on me but, I can remember him chasing a lost cause at Ibrox, midweek game ?? , crossing the ball in for us to score ??????

He was a very talented player and deserves to be remembered with respect.

I also heard about this whilst in Romania. The last memory I have of him was being in the Cumnock end at the Scottish Junior Cup final with a few of my Ayrshire mates. I was enjoying the game but couldn't hide my delight at him scoring the winner even if it was controversial. IMO it was well over the line even if I am extremely biased as he was one of my favourite players. When I started delivering the mail I was delighted when I was delivering a letter in Hamilton and it was for Paul McGrillen. He was true gent and I will miss him greatly. RIP Mowgli say hi to all the other Motherwell legengs in heaven.

My memory is maybe playing tricks on me but, I can remember him chasing a lost cause at Ibrox, midweek game ?? , crossing the ball in for us to score ??????

He was a very talented player and deserves to be remembered with respect.

Doogie Arnott double that night. Loads of folk on the park as we all went absolutely mental. And all due to the tenacity that Mowglie showed. He'll be greatly missed.

A few seasons back a few of us went to see our mate when he was playing for Stenny at the time.

I remember getting there and being the only one of us delighted to find our mate had been dropped to the bench because he had been replaced in the starting 11 by Mowgli.

I'll need to try and look back but I'm certain he scored that day.