Biggest Turnaround I Can Remember

Bigwellfan

Yes, 7 or 8 minutes. Some, though not many, fans left at that point.

Jim Duffy was sacked by Hibs in the wake of this result which paved the way for Alex McLeish to replace him.

Best bit of business for both clubs :P I forget the name of the Hibs chairman at the time but he always came into the Morrisons where I worked and I always thanked him for taking Mcleish away :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the nearest we got to big European nights in those days, and the games seemed to attract pretty good crowds if memory serves. A lot of the highlights of my early days watching Motherwell came in the Texaco Cup.

Me too ........... That Spurs game in particular, 25 000 crammed into Fir Park for that 3-1 victory in 1971 was an early highlight for this Dosser.

what about the killie 5-4 game with jimbo getting a hat-trick :wallbash:

Think they went 2-0 then we went 3-2 then they went 4-3 then we went 5-4. What a game it was.

As for the Hibs 6-2 game, I was late leaving Edinburgh and was about to park the car at the civic when Hibs went 2-0 up. Sod that I thought and didn't bother going in.

Another comeback was Dunfermline in late 80's. We were 2-0 down at half-time and plenty fans wanted out at that point.....me included.

Enter Stevie Cowan ............... and we won 3-2 :woop: