Paul Slane Interview Sunday Mail

Higgy

Heard the day that his Dad is wanting him to go to Celtic and the Motherwell management team are telling him otherwise. At the end of day he has a far better chance of making it if he stays with us for 3 or 4 years than going to they manky bastards. Hope he makes the right choice whenever that time may come.

Heard the day that his Dad is wanting him to go to Celtic and the Motherwell management team are telling him otherwise. At the end of day he has a far better chance of making it if he stays with us for 3 or 4 years than going to they manky bastards. Hope he makes the right choice whenever that time may come.

Aye, too right. Even a couple of good seasons with us and he will be on the radar for a lot of bigger clubs. A much better idea than playing for the Celtic reserves every week and getting no exposure whatsoever.

Paul Slane is a wee big headed fanny of a boy, good player though.

I take it you know the boy in person then? Cos the above statement is total BOLLOCKS. He is 1 of the quietest boys at the club and is also very shy. He is the joker in the pack and has been like that since he came to the club at 11years old. He always has a smile on his face and is no way big headed. So instead of slating the boy, give him some support. He is going to be a star if he keeps progressing the way he has so far, hopefully we will see that at Motherwell over the next 3 or 4 yrs, then he moves down south, and we get some serious money for him.

I take it you know the boy in person then? Cos the above statement is total BOLLOCKS. He is 1 of the quietest boys at the club and is also very shy. He is the joker in the pack and has been like that since he came to the club at 11years old. He always has a smile on his face and is no way big headed. So instead of slating the boy, give him some support. He is going to be a star if he keeps progressing the way he has so far, hopefully we will see that at Motherwell over the next 3 or 4 yrs, then he moves down south, and we get some serious money for him.

:lol:

Och lighten up. Just because somebody has had a different experience whilst interacting with him doesn't make that poster a bad person all of a sudden. The original poster also said he was a good player, so that's the support side of things taken care of. We don't have to like the players that play, so if Gav reckons he's bigheaded, that's okay you know.

Och lighten up. Just because somebody has had a different experience whilst interacting with him doesn't make that poster a bad person all of a sudden. The original poster also said he was a good player, so that's the support side of things taken care of. We don't have to like the players that play, so if Gav reckons he's bigheaded, that's okay you know.

An explanation of his comment might make folk be a bit more understanding, especially considering it was quite a strong attack on his personality.

Yeah I agree with that. I'm not agreeing with what he said by any means, and I think that Gav coulda maybe done without posting it, just don't like the mini-uproar that somebody doesn't like Paul Slane as a person.

gav thinks paul is a sack.

i think gav is a sack.

this isn't north korea. we all live happily ever after.

Which SPL game has he played in?

I thought it was just friendlies and Europa League?

Anyway, thought that was a good interview and I think Gannon would advise him to stay and play regularly rather than return to empty parks on a Wednesday afternoon for another season.

Slaney's SPL debut was on the 16th May 2009 v Hamilton, came on in the 86th minute as a substitute.

And they are playing up the 'rags to riches' angle a bit. Anderston might not be 'posh' but its not that bad either, in fact its fairly benign.

Aye, too right. Even a couple of good seasons with us and he will be on the radar for a lot of bigger clubs. A much better idea than playing for the Celtic reserves every week and getting no exposure whatsoever.

Of course we'd be biased if we did the whole 'put yourself in his shoes' thing, but it's a no brainer when you think about it. Do you:

(a) Stick with the team that brought you through the youth ranks and is about to give you a first team spot to kick off your professional career. Where the fans have warmed to you in a big way (well most of them). Where quite a number of very good players have started their career and then moved on to something bigger with some good experience already behind them. Do you want to be Brian McClair, Andy Walker, James McFadden, Tom Boyd, Ross McCormack, David Clarkson, Paul Quinn or Scott McDonald? (ok Ross and Scott didn't start at Motherwell)

(b) Kick about in the Smeltic youth team because your old youth team manager wants you to play for his team. Have fans who're almost unaware that you exist. Find your way to the first team blocked by players who're not half the player that you are - but hey they're on £8000 a week and play for their national team. Then find yourself looking for a second chance with some other team based mainly on the fact that you were good enough to be at Smeltic, so you might be worth a punt. Do you want to be Ross Wallace, Michael Doyle, Craig Beattie, Mark Burchill, Mark Cocozza, Stephen Crainey, Gerry Creaney, Scott Cuthbert, Mark Fotheringham, Chris Hay, Colin Healy, Simon Lynch, Brian McLaughlin, Bryan Prunty?

Everybody is entitled to their opinion..yes, but at no time did i make reference to the poster being a bad person.

Expressing an opinion is 1 thing, but slandering a young player is a totally different thing all together.

Gav did indeed state that he was a good player, we can all see the potential he has. But he has never stated the facts that make him think that Slane is a bigheaded fanny?

Also think he will be a MFC player for a couple more years at least.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion..yes, but at no time did i make reference to the poster being a bad person.

Expressing an opinion is 1 thing, but slandering a young player is a totally different thing all together.

Gav did indeed state that he was a good player, we can all see the potential he has. But he has never stated the facts that make him think that Slane is a bigheaded fanny?

Also think he will be a MFC player for a couple more years at least.

:lol:

No it's not. It's the EXACT SAME thing. Are you Paul Slane?

^I would think that players would have better things to do than log on here to defend themselves against 'fannies on the internet'.

Better to let their football do the talking, which is what Slane has done so far this summer. Long let it continue.

Why the hell anyone is criticising a 17 year old lad who has shown the most potential in a 'well top since faddy, is beyond me.