Paul Slane Interview Sunday Mail

Higgy

I've read the article so imagine my surprise at spotting this on the BBC Scottish Gossip page

Motherwell's Paul Slane has accused Scotland of snubbing him for a full cap because of his poor background. (Sunday Mail)

What is that all about?? Mind you according to same gossip page, Michael Higdon is looking to move from St Mirren having failed to secure a move last season. Thought he only joined them...?

I've read the article so imagine my surprise at spotting this on the BBC Scottish Gossip page

What is that all about?? Mind you according to same gossip page, Michael Higdon is looking to move from St Mirren having failed to secure a move last season. Thought he only joined them...?

The BBC are less accurate than the Rancid and that is saying something.

its on the back page though about him feeling left out

young slane is quoted as saying

"Last season i went to every gathering but was left out for boys who had been injured for ages. Maybe the area i come from hasnt helped me - a few of the boys picked come from nicer parts of scotland"

so not sensationalism from the bbc i- its there in black and white

Slane hasn't played an SPL game -Yes he has. The standard of journalism in Scotland is appalling. Just finished reading the Sunday Herald's piss-poor saeson preview and it's littered with mistakes too,not to mention rudimentary printing errors. No wonder newspapers are all going bust. c***s the lot of them.

Slane hasn't played an SPL game -Yes he has. The standard of journalism in Scotland is appalling.
The guy is quoted as saying " I got on in a game against CFR Cluj and almost scored after beating a few men. Because I missed the gaffer made me do some press-ups. But it was a good start and I don't know why I didn't get another chance in the first team last season."

So if it's wrong, it's because Slane said it. I doubt they made up the quote.

finished reading the Sunday Herald's piss-poor saeson preview and it's littered with mistakes too,not to mention rudimentary printing errors. No wonder newspapers are all going bust. c***s the lot of them.

Was also bemused as to why they had Mark McGhee throwing in his tuppence about every team for the coming season.

Filled me with hope though, as he doesnt have a clue about alot of the signings teams have made this year and has absolutely no idea how St Johnstone play

Paul Slane is a wee big headed fanny of a boy, good player though.

do you know if he ever shat himself at school?

Thats usually your reasoning behind hating 'big-headed' footballers.

Slane is a cracking wee player, that we are going to be able to enjoy watching for the next few seasons and he will then (hopefully) make the club a small fortune when he moves on.

I've actually met him once and he was the quietest person you could have spoken too, totally embarassed that Motherwell fans wanted to talk to him.

Given the comparative ages, id say its possible Gav went to school with him??

This may be where the "Big Headed" comment comes from?

I doubt Gav went to school with him if Gav is from Lanark and Slane is from Anderston.

I dont know him personally so cant comment on the big-headed comment but from seeing him play he certainly shows the ability to become an excellent player for us and long may this continue!

To be fair, the few times I've seen Slane in Motherwell College he does swagger about and acting if hes hut the big time.

Then again, it could all be a show infront of his mates and could be the quietest and softest of guys out. Peer pressure and all that. :lol:

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck if he swaggers about thinking he is Ronaldo, so calm down. <_<

Course we will all be happy it he fires 10 goals in, of course.

I personally was backing up a point which I felt was true (not that Im thinking you were having a go).

Slane hasn't played an SPL game -Yes he has. The standard of journalism in Scotland is appalling. Just finished reading the Sunday Herald's piss-poor saeson preview and it's littered with mistakes too,not to mention rudimentary printing errors. No wonder newspapers are all going bust. c***s the lot of them.

Which SPL game has he played in?

I thought it was just friendlies and Europa League?

Anyway, thought that was a good interview and I think Gannon would advise him to stay and play regularly rather than return to empty parks on a Wednesday afternoon for another season.