St Johnstone Match Thread - The Dawning Of A New Era!

steelboy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep our 2 goals were crackers and the 2 we lost were a feckin DISASTER! We BADLY need a centre half to play alonside Craigan. By the way i'd go with Hately at right back i thought he did ok and could make that position his own. I usually think Hammell is ok not great but steady but today!!! :doh: . Think Jennings will be a good un and thought O'Brian did well also. All in all a draw away is a decent start considering we were behind twice. We need to defend better next week against that feckin Kyle beast and his fellow Killie hatchetmen. Last season we couldn't even beat their RESERVES so we owe them. :mellow: .

On the radio on the way home I heard Sandy Clark (i think), say he was going to give the MOM to Hateley before Forbes rattled one in.

I mean, the boy didnt play terrible but i thought he was no better than half decent and that Right Back isnt his preferred position. Seemed to want to drift infield a lot

I forgot how much of a c**t Sandy Clark was, not for his comments, just in general.

Fantastic pass to Forbes from Hateley for Forbes' goal.

For all you part timers :doh: that weren't at the game the day Ruddy wasn't useless. In actual fact he made some great saves to keep us in the game. The one where he came out to his box and missed was a shocker i agree but he was great despite that. And also..................

I love you Forbes you can have my burd's babies :mellow:

DEWELL, we badly need a centre half to play alongside Hutchinson. To be honest i'd have Reynolds at left back and Hutchinson in the middle.

I'm pleased with the result today as it was always going to be a hard game to go into. Players that impressed were Hateley, the middle two, Humphrey and McHugh. Humphrey changed the game when he came on in the second and caused Grainger problems down that right hand side. Murphy up the centre was far better and McHugh came on to cause a good load a problems for their defence.

Both goals, just wow. We are 7 games into our season now and we've seen at least 4 or 5 great goals. Keep them coming!

Ruddy looked dodgy at times today but he kept us in the game with a save off the line. His reactions were superb to get down so quickly. Would rather have Ruddy than Fraser any day of the week.

Still a striker short though, hopefully something comes up with a centre half and a striker by the end of the week.