St Johnstone Match Thread - The Dawning Of A New Era!

steelboy

thought i'd get this start considering we're less than 48 hours away from kick off. the board seems to have died a death this week with there being no european game, transfer news or much else motherwell related happening. i'm starting to get excited though so let's be having it....

--------------ruddy--------------

saunders craigan reynolds hammell

---------lasley forbes------------

o'brien------coke-------slane

------------sutton---------------

prediction: 2 nil to well with slane and coke grabbing the goals.

it's hugely important that we get some points on the board early this season and st johnstone away and killie at home are as good an opportunity as we're likely to get. i've still got no idea how we're going to fare this season but a win on saturday will build on the momentum we gained in the europa league and be a good boost. i doubt we'll see the team i've put up but i think gannon would be taking unneccesary risks playing o'brien at RB and breaking up reynolds and craigan to include hutchison. anyway this is the acid test for gannon, europa league was the honeymoon this is the serious business starting.

anyone know anywhere near the ground for a pint and a swatch of some fitba on the telly?

cannae wait, fitba on a saturday :lol:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really upbeat after the Steaua 2nd Leg. . . . then i remembered I was a motherwell fan. nuthings ever that straight forward.

A performance like the first half of that game and we'll win by a few goals, although with Saints being newly promoted and at home, can't see them being push overs.3 or 4 -0 if we play to pour newly seen potential. 1-1 if its back to the good old motherwell that we love.

really lookin forward to this too lads.

yeah the eurpean pre-season football was good, but nothiing beats the excitment of the start of a new football season.

my saturdays have been dryy without awayy days and home games so lets have it !!

its usualy motherwell tradition that we always take a good support to the first game of the season.

so lets wish any players who do read these boards the best of luck and the team as awhole, nad lets get behind the boys !!

'MON THE 'WELL !!!

Ahhhh at last :lol:

We should have the edge regarding sharpness and fitness because to our competitive matches, but they'll have a boost due it being their fist SPL game at their new ground. So given that I think it'll be a good game.

Like others I think we'll see the same team as the Steaua game, and hopefully with Ruddy in goals to steady the defence and the pace and passing skill up-front we should be too much for them.

I would take a draw, but hopefully a 2-1 victory to the 'well to set us up nicely for the season!

I admit I'm not generally too optimistic when it comes to predicting our results but St. Johnstone have played quite a few friendlies with reasonable results. I'm hoping our Europa games will give us an edge on fitness and we'll get a narrow win but the score draw wouldn't surprise me.

Heading up to this game with my old man and really looking forwatd to it.

Fancy a 2-1 Well victory, goals from Sutton and Murphy.

Feck knows what the team will be but I would go with

-----------Ruddy-----------

O'Brien Craigan Hutchison Hammell

-------- Reynolds-------

------ Forbes Coke

Murphy-------------Slane

-----------Sutton-----------

Should do the trick.

I think this one is too close to call, first game of the season against a newly promoted side is always difficult to predict. They'll either come out the blocks all fired up and going for it or they'll sit back and play it tight until they feel their way into the game.

For once I'd like to see us come out all gung ho and fired up, keep going at them and don't let them settle.

Just don't know if we have the players who can do that and keep it up for 90 minutes.

I'm more nervous about this match than I have been for years. Weird.