Ticket Prices

patons02

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a winner :thumbup:

David I really cant be bothered with going over it all again, guess I'm just an old fashioned guy that believes that when I'm struggling financially, what little income I am getting should not be going on Drink, Fags or attending Football matches

I've also re-read the thread and can't find these good points made about students and juveniles other than wellgirl referring to the fact they are alreay offered reduced entry. Harping on is because I've read it on more than one website under more than one user name, and I still don't believe her proposal of simply reducing entry for unemployed folk to be ideal

I've said before I'm all for filling seats in Fir Park and in general reducing prices is to be supported but doing it in the manner proposed would not be my first choice.

I'm harping on a bit now, better shutup and jog on in case folk think i'm ridiculous and not being honest

I don't think there's any law against posting something on more than one fans forum if the topic has come up on both forums about prices, anyone has a right to post their view.

Not everyone on here posts on FPC and vice versa. As for posting under another username on here, again, not everyone who posts on FPC and here posts under the same username.

I don't see the relevance of the harping on comment if you made it because I had spoken about it on FPC. As for your comment about people who are unemployed not smoking or drinking or attending football matches, I don't smoke, I don't spend the benefit I get on JSA but if I want to have the occasional night out or go to the football and I can afford it I will and I don't see any reason why people on low incomes should be priced out of football or patronised and told what they should or shouldn't be spending their benefit on.

Shutting the door in people's faces because they have a low income while allowing students and other people on reduced incomes cheap access is ridiculous particularly in these economic times and if you think people should have to volunteer to buy "credits" to get them free entry to FPC, quite frankly it's about the most patronising thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

There's enough of a stigma about being on benefit without people telling you you shouldn't drink or smoke or have a life. Everyone is different, just because some people might spend their entire benefit on fags, booze, drugs, doesn't mean everyone will.

However you were quick enough to apologise to someone else on the thread who made it quite clear that he managed to attend football, both home and away when he was signing on. Games would have been cheaper then, but I'm sure he was on less money than people get now. He had every right to go to Fir Park then and it should be no different now.

I'm quite aware that people on benefit have priorities financially, but if people have ten quid in their pocket and want to go to Fir Park why shouldn't they? What's the difference between someone on JSA and a student who isn't working buying a reduced price season ticket from their student loan?

I also looked on Motherwell's website and they currently give free tickets to people under the PHAB scheme and I believe to local schools, but that seems to be it.

You want more people through the doors of Fir Park, you reduce prices for everyone and let them make the choice, because it should be no skin off your nose unless you are affected directly what someone else chooses to do with their income.