The MFC Youth 2009'10 Thread

delboy

Not in the slightest - the more people who get along and support the boys the better!

There's been no update on the game (on the 'fishel) because it was P-P'd last weekend as Hearts have a Youth Cup tie to play.

Next game is Hamilton a week tomorrow!

'Flow

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPL say game off today.....

Published : Friday, November 20, 2009

U19 match postponed

Friday's Clydesdale Bank U19 League game between Hamilton Accies and Motherwell has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Today's other fixture - Aberdeen v St Johnstone - goes ahead as planned.

• 2 weeks later...

The Under 19s sadly lost again today.......

Hamilton hit U19 summit

Hamilton this afternoon moved to the top of the Clydesdale Bank U19 League with a 2-1 victory over Motherwell at New Southcroft Park.

John Sullivan netted for Accies after just 37 seconds but Motherwell's leading scorer Steven Lawless equalised for the visitors as half-time approached. Lee Kilday hit the winner 12 minutes into the second half to lift Hamilton a point clear of Celtic and Dundee United.

That was the only game Clydesdale Bank U19 League game scheduled to be played this weekend, with several SPL clubs involved in SFA Youth Cup action.

Fishal site has the U'19 game home to Dundee Utd as being played Saturday but SPL site has the game listed for tomorrow.

I'll call the club in the am but does anyone know if it is tomorrow and scheduled kick-off time?

cheers

If you do phone the club mate could you post up the info? If it is tomorrow I might go along as I have a day off work.

Sad week for the u12s - five boys dropped to cut the squad is as they move into 11-a-sides. Everyone knows it is part of the game, but the looks on the boys' faces (and the parents') makes your heart go out to them. the squad have by and large been together for a couple of seasons, or more in some cases, so they are all quite close.

The reduced squad have a game against Celtic Boys Club tonight (not the Pro-Youth mob, just a team drawn from the Celtic Community set-up, so our u12s will play their u13s). Still, a win against anyone wearing green and white hoops is never a bad thing, so hopefully it'll cheer the boys up.

Good luck to them, and to the other 5 for their future.

I've never been involved in youth football so don't know the setup or ins and outs

BUT

I think its tragic thats under 12 boys full of enthusiam for the game are DROPPED.

there has to be a better way to structure the setup so that kids aren't simply dropped but continue at their own level at that time

Jeez we've seen players not look up to it until their twenties but are shunning kids half that age

I know that sounds a bit daft but what I mean is maybe the small squad structure at such an early age holds many back?

Good luck to the boys , those who have been let go and the others left behind

• 2 months later...

I'll take my season ticket along as it has vouchers for the reserve game but to be honest I can see there being any problem a part from getting a numb bum sitting on the crap benches

damn you Rickoza!

Yes the under 19's came back from 2-0 down to beat Hamilton 3-2.

The Well had some good early pressure but a good shot blasted into the top of the net from a tight angle and a defensive mix up left the goalie out of position meant the Well were 0-2 down after 35 mins but they fought back and pulled one back with a classic overhead kick from just outside the six yard box.

The second half saw Motherwell push for and get an equalizer from a well placed header and as Hamilton pushed hard for a winner (hitting the post on the way) the Well broke down the pitch and a lovely flick 'n' volley put the Well ahead with 5 minutes left to play. Once more Hamilton pushed for a 3rd but with some strong defending and, I have to say, a bit of luck they failed to find the back of the net.

As you can tell I'm pish at giving match reports but I'm sure 'flow will have a more detailed account on the official site.

One other highlight was getting my season book signed by Mr Brown

Happy Days!