Health & Safety

eaststandfan

This thread reminds me of the story of the boy who was told off:

"Did your mother never tell you to wash your hands after you go for a pee?"

And he replied:

"Naw, she told me no to pish on my hands!"

Those of us old enough to remember grounds before they (and their toilet facilities) were brought kicking and screaming into the 20th century must be wondering what all the fuss is about. It's not that long ago that sinks were unheard of and for some reason it seemed acceptable to have toilets at the football that probably hadn't been upgraded for 50 or 60 years.

Even in the 80s the toilets in places like Accies, Hibs and certainly Motherwell were horrendous by today's standards. I even remember ST. Mirren 'did up' their loos and they steel had a wire mesh 'roof'. As for Hampden, you pretty much needed waders to go to the loo which is maybe why many decided to go where they stood.

So, I think I can live without some working taps at the football.

Even in the 80s the toilets in places like Accies, Hibs and certainly Motherwell were horrendous by today's standards.

The toilets at old Tynecastle (shudder).

Accies didn't have toilets, they just had two brick walls behind the terrace, about four feet apart and you went between them and pished up the one in front of you. :lol:

The toilets at old Tynecastle (shudder).

Accies didn't have toilets, they just had two brick walls behind the terrace, about four feet apart and you went between them and pished up the one in front of you. :lol:

Fir Park's wisnae much better, the 'south' terrace had and outhouse brickwall thing, quite sure you can see it on old photies of FP.

That statement is fucking bollocks, there are facilities at Fir Park provided for the paying customer.,if you want to be a stig then go right ahead and don't use them, most of us will look to wash our hands after doing a pish.

I'd like to think it's not about being a stig. If I went to the loos one game and there was no water I'd just have to accept it. I'm sure the toilets will be fixed shortly and, bearing this in mind, I think a thread of this length seems a bit of an over-reaction. Or maybe with the lack of an expected signing there's not much else to comment on.

Aye compared to some of the toliets in pubs in Barcelona and the surrounding area - its the height of luxury. Christ It even has a mirror!

I remember one pub in Barcelona that the toliet was basically this big wooden rotting hole in the ground that had an assortment of puke, shite and piss all round it. You actually prayed to god that you didn't get a round of the shites when out on the town.

to be fair i dont wash my hands after every pish - especially when im out scooping and pishing every two minutes.

Tae be fair am holding ma knob,,,,nae pish near me really.but hey.

To the original point - many folk from yesteryear probably don't expect great facilities but 20 years ago (yes the 80's was at least that long ago now) it didny cost a score to go watch the football either - so if we are paying through the arse to go to the game i don't think its beyond reason to expect half decent facilities and that includes toilets,sound system etc.

I think sometimes peoples loyalty to the club stops them from criticising things when they should be, many clubs - motherwell included have been getting away with a lot of sub standard facilities for a long time.

if ye went out for a meal and the restaurant didny supply a knife and fork with your fillet steak youd be mightely pissed off and rightly complain - so why accept getting the pish ripped out ye by a football club.

obviously im criticising a lot more than just a dodgy tap here,but the points relevent.

To the original point - many folk from yesteryear probably don't expect great facilities but 20 years ago (yes the 80's was at least that long ago now) it didny cost a score to go watch the football either - so if we are paying through the arse to go to the game i don't think its beyond reason to expect half decent facilities and that includes toilets,sound system etc.

That's the point I was about to make.

if yer that anal aboot germs you should be carryin aboot wan o those antiseptic cleansin lotions from boots in yer hippy. Take responsible for yer own lives and don't expect MFC to be yer mammy!!!

Looking for any set of toilets at a football ground to be fuctional outwith having somewhere to point yer dangler is a tad ambitious is it not?

In fact there's a good chance at half time the sinks are used as a substitute for the regular dangler targets.

Anyone who thinks a quick rinse under warm water is 'washing' their hands of wee tiny beasties is seriously misinformed. Washing without soap actually just makes yer hands a nice warm damp spot for germs to settle.

And see when the big troughs flush, that fires an explosion of microbes into the air. Oh, and see that smell of shite when ye fart? That's airborne shite particles going up yer nose.

We come out these places covered in shite and piss whether we like it or not so anyone moaning that the taps don't work has relying on them for nothing but a false sense of security.

I'm maybe a bit biased mind you, considering I love a bit of the scat and watersports. Might explain why I spend more time hanging around in the toilets than watching the game.