Motherwell Girls Thread

Angie 1991

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,Motherwell LFC did win their cup game on Sunday v Raith Rovers,however it was the SWFL League Cup and not the Scottish Cup.The girls(mostly last years Title winning u17s team) now meet Hibs in the quarter finals on Sunday the 25th April.

And yes "Wells Belles" are indeed the cheerleaders.

lol the Well's Belles was my mistake (sorry) but the bit about the scottish cup was down to the person who told me and she played in the game :mad: !

Anyway well done once again

just had a good look at the official site and I couldn't find anything on it about the Motherwell Girls teams

disappointing

Just hope Flow can find a space on the new web site for them after all they are part of the Motherwell Football club family

• 2 weeks later...

heard that the ladies won again last weekend and this sunday are due to play hibs in the cup

shame the offical site doesn't mention this

does anyone know where the game is being played?

its because no one cares.

wrong you don't

I don't care if it an under 14's, woman football if they play for Motherwell and playing in claret and amber I care

with out exception

I'm motherwell football club 100%

are you?

I know one of the guys that helps with the girls and unfortunatly its true that the club dont really care bout the girls/womens game is true. They have to pay MFC fees but the club dont recognise the girls/ladies teams on an official basis.

A missed piece of promotion for the ladies IMHO.

Yip,Hibs deservedly won 3-1 today.Girls done well getting to the last 8 as the majority of them are playing senior football for the first time,having moved up from juniors this year.

I heard that the game was played on a 3G pitch with helped out the home side as they were use to it, also the Hibs side were pretty physical too and the goals Motherwell gave away were soft.

Lots of learning to be taken from the game and if I'm right they have a game against Kilwinning on Sunday in the Scottish cup.

Not sure were or when but I'm going to try and catch it.

COME ON YE WELL

PS not like flow to ignore the ladies on the web? Come on 'flow time to make it up to the girls in claret and amber

PS not like flow to ignore the ladies on the web? Come on 'flow time to make it up to the girls in claret and amber

Beginning to sound a wee bit like a broken record delboy.

The club either have little or no interest or as I suspect is more likely the case neither the time or means to keep a section going. So a suggestion then. If there is a demand for something on the official why don't you/one of the team/management/ put together some content forward for consideration on the official site rather than merely repeating your calls for it on here? Is there a website that the team update that the site could link to?

I think you are more likely to have some success if you are a bit more proactive rather just repeating the same call every week or two.

So a suggestion then. If there is a demand for something on the official why don't you/one of the team/management/ put together some content forward for consideration on the official site rather than merely repeating your calls for it on here?

I'm not paid by the club to do that kind of thing, someone else is

The main stories on the official site are the main points of interest that people want to read about. Flow and others at FP have more important things to do than update the website about a wummins team that no one really cares about and as far as I know, arent actually an official representative of the club. Ladies football on the whole is of a dire quality too, until there is a team that a group of my mates couldnt pass off the park then no one will give a shite.

sorry your right there was me thinking Motherwell FC was a interested in working with it's local community and the money the ladies team pay Motherwell meant something

Also using it's web site to keep fan informed of all the club activities and opportunities for people (both men and women young and old) to be involved with its community and other football project would a complete waste of time.

also women should be band from playing football and should only be allowed to attend matches if they can hit the cross bar from the half way line

and if you had guessed my tongue is very firmly in my cheek