Jim Gannon

Chris Larkin

Hi guys, Just stopping by (as promised) just to get an update on how Jimbo is doing with you guys, you happy with his signings and how he has got you playing, I see he took you on quite a European adventure?

And how are you doing in League/Cups really hope you do well and as promised I will try and make a 'Well game sometime, just need a willing tourguide lol

Anyway get back soon please.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JG has been a breath of fresh air so far. Always willing to speak his mind and is not afraid to piss players off for the benefit of the team. Likes an early substitution if things aren't going according to plan does oor Jim! So far I've been impressed by his knowledge of the game and he really seems to have a plan to play a certain way against different opponents. I think he is trying to instill into the players to play the ball on the deck and even our captain, Stephen Craigan, has taken this to heart rather than punting his usual long diagonal left field pass! Some of his signings have impressed and some haven't so far to be honest. Giles Coke, John Ruddy and Tom Hateley look good players but a couple of others have still to find their feet. One thing I've been impressed with is some of the youngsters that were here before Gannon took over but never got a chance. Some of these boys have really stood out so far and hopefully they can keep up a good standard over the course of the season.

All in all it's been a very good start for Gannon which I hope we can maintain but no doubt there will be some ups and downs along the way.

I can only really echo what rammer said . He wears his heart on his sleeve and is very compasionate about football. Motherwell are a changed team from last season but for the better.

Jim Gannon's Motherwell Army!

Good to here he is doing as well for you as he did for us! When he was at County he was a big believer in giving Youth players a chance and we won national acclaim for it and at one point the average age of our squad was just 19 years old.

That certainly seems to be the way he is going here but to be honest I would still like a bit of experience in there if things start to go tits up during the season. Not too sure if the young guys would be able to pull themselves through the tough times without a bit of a hand. How did it work out at County with regards to the young players and a dip in form?

Well as you may or may not know, Jimbo came to County in January 2006 and kept us in the Football League as we were the lowest placed team to stay up in 2006, pundits wrote us off as relegation fodder for 2007 and it was hard for us to attract real talent to the club so we relied heavily on loan signings and Youth/Reserve players during this season we missed out on the play-offs on Goal Difference as well as breaking a British record for 9 consecutive wins without conceding a goal, and in 2008 he had groomed the young players from the previous season into top draw players who ultimately took us to League One, so it worked wonders for us, he also is a keen buisnessman in the loan market acquiring us some fantastic players on loan such as John Ruddy, Wayne Hennessey, Stephen Gleeson etc. and built us a good relationship with Wolverhampton Wanderers, he is a fantastic man, a great manager and a legend at County as a player and manager so we may be a bit biased towards him but he rarely made a bad signing.

"And here's to you Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know"

Good to hear. Hopefully Gannon can have a decent first season and with the young guys a year older and more experienced we may be able to push for a European spot next season. There's no chance of us winning the league up here due to the dominance of the Old Firm but a Scottish Cup victory would be nice!

Im still getting used to the novelty of having a manager who actually sounds like he has longer term ambitions at the club, every time you hear him speak he is talking about the benefits of the young guys next year and things to help the club in the next couple of years!

The average age of the squad before he came was around 24-25, now its barely 22 and when you think about the older players not really being in favour, we might not be too far off 19 or 20 come next summer.

A good start all round for Jimbo,but as has been mentioned, there will be blips along the way.

How are Stockport doing so far? how do you think you guys will do this year?

Totally agree that its great to hear a manager who is committed to the club, not just looking for a move after 5 mins at the club.

From what I've seen so far he an identify a weakness in opposition and adjust the system / personal quckly, so no more waiting until the 85th min to make changes. Sure he will get it wrong now and again, that's the game. but at least he appears to be trying.

In the current climate no one is spending, if we can keep the current progress, bring on our young players the only way is up, Remember the u19's have won 6 -1 twice this year!!!.

Its a rollercoaster, keep positive and look forward to exciting times ahead

So far I've been impressed by his knowledge of the game and he really seems to have a plan to play a certain way against different opponents.

From what I've seen so far he an identify a weakness in opposition and adjust the system / personal quckly, so no more waiting until the 85th min to make changes.

I must say this is where Jim Gannon has impressed me most so far, horses for courses and all that.

He's fearless.

Doesn't care if he upsets experienced pro's; will play youngsters to see if they sink or swim; speaks his mind without fear or favour.

Most managers get worn down by the need to succeed and lose the enthusiasm and fun of football which is what it should be all about (as do most players). Can't accuse Jim of that.

Hope that's still the case when we lose a few on the spin (which we will).

County are doing alright in League One seen as though we were faves for the drop we are about 15th now which is about expected of us, thanks for asking.

I'm hoping to come to a game soon, any offers of a tourguide lol?

Aye mate no sweat but all you really need to know is Jack Daniels and then Fir Park..........and then Jack Daniels. And then the erm................... eh Mega Bar.............no sorry wouldn't inflict that on you :D

I really, REALLY f#$king hate Aberdeen, not just as a team but their entire fanbase... Having lived there for 5years... THE PLACE IS AN ISLAND CAUGHT IN A TIME WARP! They are the most inward thinking, narrow minded bell-ends to have ever been shat into society imho, and its reflected in their derogitory views on our club. The usual crap about us dodging asministration when they are worse off, the fact that we sell players when they are too stupid to and sack a decent goalkeeping coach instead and not to mention the pish about our provintiality. YES WE ARE A PROVINTISAL CLUB... WE KNOW!! Sad thing is, they are a "big" club who arent any better than the so called provincial clubs!... and to top it off they make the naive jibe at our attempts at silverware..... I DONT REMEMBER ABERDEEN BEING IN ANY CUP FINALS THIS DECADE!!!...... GET IT ROON YE! BUY A PAPER, ITS A LONG TIME SINCE 1980... WHATEVER IT WAS

rant over :cheers: