Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

the best way to go into the game is for well to get in there faces from the 1st minute and dont let them settle into there game and let the youngsters do the biz i would take a point the now as rangers are in good form but when they come to fir park anything can happen mon the well :D

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we can cause a shock on saturday and beat rangers either 1-0 or 2-1 as the lads have confidence and rangers wont know what to expect with the youngsters especially davie wier i would let the youngsters just run at him as anyone with pace will destroy him mon the well get into them :D

I,m feeling quietly confident about saturday. Yesterday (and I know Rangers will be better opposition) we knocked the ball about well and the midfield and defence worked really fluidly to let the back line get forward while the midfield provided cover. If we go for it against Rangers I really don't see why we can't get a result.

Unfortunately I think we are far more likely to concede than to score. It'll probably be a typical Motherwell v Rangers game and finish 1-0 or 2-0 to them with Kris Boyd scoring one or both goals, although we might just sneak a draw as we did last season against them, but I think it's unlikely.
prozac10c.jpg

I just hope that we really go for their throats and have a real go. Unfortunately I think we are far more likely to concede than to score. It'll probably be a typical Motherwell v Rangers game and finish 1-0 or 2-0 to them with Kris Boyd scoring one or both goals, although we might just sneak a draw as we did last season against them, but I think it's unlikely.

When was the last time they beat us at Fir Park in the league? I think a certain Mr Le Guen was in charge.

When was the last time we beat Rangers at firpark, think it was a boxing day match 4 or 5 years ago .Don't think we've beat them since ,cant see that changing on Saturday, I think Rangers will win by a couple of goals.

Aye Faddy scored the winner. My pont is they find us as hard to beat as we do them. I think alot of us are underestimating this mob. I think if we atttack them and get right at their throats from the off we could do them. I'm not saying it will be easy but it is possible we can beat them! They are not invincible and I think that you believe we are the shittest team in the world. Every game we have played I'm sure you have predicted a defeat for us. Thank god your no right or we'd be in the Accies boat. Mind you I like it that way I'll start worrying when you actually think we will win a game. :whistling:

Another test for Gannon.

First time we'll have played a team of this quality at Fir Park under Gannon, so its another 'into the unknown'.

I'm wondering if Gannon's open attacking style might back fire though. Will he tweak things especially for this match and go against his principles?

Maybe some of the other desperately sad stattos might want to put me right but I make it that if Stevie Hammell plays against Rangers it will be his 299th appearance for Motherwell, just one away from the very rare three hundred club.

Fishel site says he's already started 301, and been sub another 6 times.

Clicky

Fishel site says he's already started 301, and been sub another 6 times.

Clicky

I should start using a calculator instead of adding up in my head!

The official site isn't quite up to date (doesn't include the last game at Aberdeen) but I now have (having used a calculator) 303+5 (2) and the official site has 301+6 (2), plus the Aberdeen game would be 302+6 (2) so we still disagree about whether one of the performances in season 2005/06 was a start or a sub appearance...

I'm not bored enough to look into it right now! The point is he's played more than 300 games now.