Motherwell Away Kits Archive

BarnsleyFCFan

Remember entering competition to design 78/79 strip, think mine was quite similar to the eventual winner. ;)

I entered that one as well, needless to say my design wasn't chosen. Not sure we would have looked that good with a claret lightening bolt sash on an amber top. :lol:

I'm sure it was our then manager Roger Hynd's idea to give the fans a chance to design our kit.

At least I got there in the end with my 2006 winning 1950's retro inspired effort. :D

I entered that one as well, needless to say my design wasn't chosen. Not sure we would have looked that good with a claret lightening bolt sash on an amber top. :cheers:

I'm sure it was our then manager Roger Hynd's idea to give the fans a chance to design our kit.

At least I got there in the end with my 2006 winning 1950's retro inspired effort. :angry:

I'll be honest, didn't like the design. Someone else at the club similarly as the claret shorts featured more regularly than they should. It was hardly exclusive as promised either. Cannot fault the quality of the Xara produce, with player issue same as those offered as replica.

In the designs defence, I've mentioned recently how good it actually looks as those involved with us at the Motherwell Fans (that's ex-Well Trust FC) will testify... it's being used as our current home strip. Smartest in the league by a country mile.