Mcghees Done Us A Favour

carluke dosser

For what its worth has Mr. McGhee done us a favour in leaving? I think after watching us in the Europa and League campaigns Jim Gannon has rebuilt the team from the remaining players that have taken on board the change in management and style.

IMHO this was long overdue watching last years efforts , players going through the motions team with no direct leadership from the management with no apparent ideas how to go forward or how to change a game .

With appointment of Jim Gannon some fresh ideas,freeing up of wages,transfer money, the introduction of the boys from the 19s and the players brought in, his tactical understanding of the game( something McGhee didnt have), the way he wants the team to play makes going to the games so far a much more enjoyable experience.Some of the passing and posession today was a joy to watch.

Whether the team can keep up the standard of todays game, i hope so. If we can find that final ball to finish off teams it may turn out a great season. ;)

For what its worth has Mr. McGhee done us a favour in leaving? I think after watching us in the Europa and League campaigns Jim Gannon has rebuilt the team from the remaining players that have taken on board the change in management and style.

IMHO this was long overdue watching last years efforts , players going through the motions team with no direct leadership from the management with no apparent ideas how to go forward or how to change a game .

With appointment of Jim Gannon some fresh ideas,freeing up of wages,transfer money, the introduction of the boys from the 19s and the players brought in, his tactical understanding of the game( something McGhee didnt have), the way he wants the team to play makes going to the games so far a much more enjoyable experience.Some of the passing and posession today was a joy to watch.

Whether the team can keep up the standard of todays game, i hope so. If we can find that final ball to finish off teams it may turn out a great season. ;)

I 100% agree. I was always a fan of McGhee in his first season, last season got stale and I knew it was time for change. This is the best thing that could have happened.

Don't think McGhee got stale last year. He was just so desperate to go elsewhere he completely lost interest in our team. He knew in January this year Strachan was leaving and was so sure he was getting the job we'd have been better being run by no-one than having him in charge.

Don't think McGhee got stale last year. He was just so desperate to go elsewhere he completely lost interest in our team. He knew in January this year Strachan was leaving and was so sure he was getting the job we'd have been better being run by no-one than having him in charge.

Yup, fair point. He certainly didn't seem interested!

I think he did, yes.

we have a better manager now and that's very very evident to see, while i worry at backroom stuff (unsettled players) I'm loving the freshness Gannon is giving, no ones place is safe regardless how you play its so to speak horses for courses. How different and refreshing is this although frustrating for players results speak for themselves. Still undefeated even after playing the champions, rather cheesy but the future looks bright I AM A FAN keep it up we are getting fortress fir park back again.

So so proud of the boys today they fought bit,snapped and snarled for every ball, i hate defeat but can take it when we show so much passion and commitment.

Ps Mark who??????????????

january when we went our unbeaten run?

mcghee's way worked the first season, small squad with quality and we lucked out having no injuries all season. that was one of the best seasons ever. the second season the luck with injuries changed and so did our fortunes, the period from the middle of october to xmas ruined us but apart from that we did really well.

for us the result of success is we get weaker. that's the cycle we're doomed to.

mcghee's way worked the first season, small squad with quality and we lucked out having no injuries all season. that was one of the best seasons ever. the second season the luck with injuries changed and so did our fortunes, the period from the middle of october to xmas ruined us but apart from that we did really well.

for us the result of success is we get weaker. that's the cycle we're doomed to.

Spot on with this. Although sometimes we do do get weaker to get stronger still :lol:

The luck with injuries changed but, had he buiit us a squad with depth, we'd have coped. The fact was he couldn't be arsed as he was desperate to get away.

Think Gannon put it quite well in the lead up to the Dons game that the players who didny get a game under McGhee shouldn't be motivated by this, along the lines of you should try and impress the guy who does believe in you, rather than prove the guy wrong who didn't.

Good analogy for the whole McGhee thing, yes he clearly wasny interested for the last half of the season with his eyes on pastures new, whatever, but we've ended up with arguably a better potential manager, who has delivered so far, and who looks beyond the short term. Lets focus on what Gannon can and is delivering and not get too hung up on McGhee, and how he's ended up, tempting though it undoubtedly is.

Think Gannon put it quite well in the lead up to the Dons game that the players who didny get a game under McGhee shouldn't be motivated by this, along the lines of you should try and impress the guy who does believe in you, rather than prove the guy wrong who didn't.

Good analogy for the whole McGhee thing, yes he clearly wasny interested for the last half of the season with his eyes on pastures new, whatever, but we've ended up with arguably a better potential manager, who has delivered so far, and who looks beyond the short term. Lets focus on what Gannon can and is delivering and not get too hung up on McGhee, and how he's ended up, tempting though it undoubtedly is.

Agreed

I'd love if the Sheep came to FP and were taken apart by JG's team and not a word\song was uttered against MMG\Leitch\Meldrum - they've made their bed, let them stew in it, but the press will be waiting for the even the most minor of taunts, so they can make another set of headlines against us

What's the chances ^_^

MON RA DOSSERS

If I have to read one more fucking thread about Mark fucking McGhee I may end up chewing my own cock off in fucking despair.

Get over it, it's getting really fucking tedious.

A pound says you'll no dae that :(

I do however agree that Judas does seem to attract some space on these boards and that just massages his ego more. (If that is indeed possible)

Prepare yourselves for the biggest understatement ever seen on this forum...

I wasn't McShovelface's biggest fan. But the constant mention of him and his time with us gives him more importance than he actually deserves. I know most of the stuff posted on here recently is negative about him, and therefore should be music to my ears, but I'm just glad he's away and I'd rather we ignored him as he did our planning for this season.

Generally things are really positive around Fir Park at the moment. Stop bringing my buzz down by mentioning the shovel faced prick...

Why i started i was not to get it round our ex manager or to give him more space on this board but to acknowlege his leaving along with some of the dead wood/stale players has actually did us a favour. We were all moning the fact that he ran the squad down, we had hardly a starting line up. but that has been addressed imo for the good of the club.

If I have to read one more fucking thread about Mark fucking McGhee I may end up chewing my own cock off in fucking despair.

Get over it, it's getting really fucking tedious.

Not an unreasonable point but see the threads with McGhees name in the title, what were you expecting to find when you opened them.?You can ignore them! At time of writing the front page of club chat has two threads about McGhee out of about twenty eight ordinary threads.