Next 3 Spl Games

carlukemurray

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where the real test will be fore this team. It's no use playing well and drawing with Rangers if we can't take points from games like Hibs and Falkirk at home. These games will be very difficult for us, especially up at Tannadice because United have made an excellent start to the season and are also unbeaten and Hibs also look pretty handy. Realistically, I think the best we can hope for is four points, as I don't see us getting anything at Tannadice but I can see us drawing one and winning the other of the Hibs & Falkirk games at FP.

One thing's for sure, we will all have a much better idea of how well this 'new' team is equipped to cope with the SPL come 4.45 on 3rd October.

So difficult to predict SPL results I find. Outwith the Old Firm anybody is capable of beating anybody; Accies yesterday, for example. It's even more difficult due to the Motherwell side being a brand new team composed largely of youngsters who will inevitably have their bad days.

Dundee United is a tough fixture. They look strong and will be a match for anybody at Tannadice. A point there would be a great result. The home games look easier, particularly Falkirk, but who knows. If at the end of these three you are still unbeaten, huge plaudits will be due. If I had to take a punt, I would say six points from the three ( nothing at Tannadice ) but as usual I will probably be miles out :P

3 points will do, we're still re-building, the effort, experimentation and development are more important than a couple of points just now.

I'm liking the feeling that we are all in it for the long run more than anything just now

PS I think JG will be after a little more points however :lol: