Next 3 Spl Games

carlukemurray

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you not the same? All doom and gloom just over a month ago? I think some fans on here need to look at themselves before we look at the media, although I still can't understand how anyone could tip us for the drop while Falkirk and Hamilton looked a lot worse on paper.

Was that addressed at me or milo?

Were you not the same? All doom and gloom just over a month ago? I think some fans on here need to look at themselves before we look at the media, although I still can't understand how anyone could tip us for the drop while Falkirk and Hamilton looked a lot worse on paper.

Indeed.

Milo's often struck me as potentially the biggest panic merchant amongst our online hordes here, and he's certainly amongst the most fickle of posters! Nae offence mate. :doh:

I know it's quite sad in itself, but I couldn't resist. It only took me a couple of minutes - and there were many examples to choose from - but here's a few choice quotes battered out in anger from your keyboard in June... :thumbup:

If it turns out Clarky is away, we might aswell abandon all hope before a ball is even kicked in anger and look forward to the first division!

As Melvin Bragg said, the money brought in from selling Clarkson has to measured against what we would lose if we were to be relegated. Which is what will happen. Had Hughes, Buzz, Klimpl, possibly and worryingly increasingly looking like McLean NOT been leaving then you would maybe be able to hold your hands up and say "Fair enough". But not like this. It's absolute suicide!

If no money is made available from the sale of Clarkson (and probably Quinn) to Jim Gannon then serious questions need to be asked as to why we, despite selling every half decent player we've ever had, are haemorrhaging money every season at an alarming rate!!! There is no way we can survive unless a completely new team is built and how the hell are we going to do that without re-investing some of these transfer fees?!?

At least you got something right! Although I wouldn't say we'll have re-invested a heck of a lot of those lamentable transfer fees either. :doh:

Fuck me, what did I do?!?!

Ha ha! I'll take that in the manner in which I think it was intended, but yer arse if that only took a few minutes!!!

At the time, the sale of Clarkson and Quinn, coupled with the players we'd lost, did look like suicide, so I'll stand by that/those comments. Especially after the team we fielded, the performance and result against Llanelli in the first leg. Not even the most blindly optimistic of 'Well fans could've predicted the way things have went so far.

I'm sure I also said after a few signings were made that things could go one of two ways for us this season. Since it only took a few minutes to dig up the other quotes, perhaps you post that one? :doh:

You'll be hard pushed to find anything negative from any 'Well fan, even me, for a fair bit now though. I don't really care for proving people wrong for things that were said during worrying times and as such, don't remember what complete strangers said 3 months ago.

While I'm not quite as melodramatic as our Milo, I must admit I did also fear the worst when the fire sale was in full swing and we seemed no closer to having a new manager. However, I feel no shame whatsoever in saying that Jim Gannon has come in and proved me wrong, much the same as I'd have taken no pleasure in saying I was right had the unthinkable happened!

We should get 6 points next two games.

Hibs are pish btw.....they had 3 shots on target on Saturday and won 3-0! St Johnstone had numerous chances with poor finishing letting them down. Oh and mind their performance at Hamilton.

Motherwell 3-1 Hibs

We should be getting 3 points at home v Falkirk even with Malpas team

Motherwell 3-0 Falkirk

Easy peasy :doh:

Fuck me, what did I do?!?!

Ha ha! I'll take that in the manner in which I think it was intended, but yer arse if that only took a few minutes!!!

Indeed. Click on find member's posts, then scroll a couple of pages to June, and there you are. Nae bother. Like I said, there were plenty to choose from, so it wasn't exactly searching for a needle in a haystack! Glad you've a sense of humour to take it as intended though :O

Don't know why, but the gists of your posts from that time just stuck with me. I also mind how you felt Brian McLean was best thing slice bread when McGhee didn't fancy him as a centre half a couple of years back, but that was another story. He's nae Steven Saunders right enough!

It's not so much the proving you wrong, rather just showing the melodramatic swing of your take on events; you do tend to go for the extremes. Whilst I appreciate it did look bad for a time in June, I just merely wish to show that perhaps it's best to keep your powder dry and don't get carried away at the drop of a hat. That goes for just now as well. :doh:

Everyone seems to be getting overly worried about Hibs.

Ok.

They have 9 points - same as us. They've lost 2 matches - to Celtic and Hamilton.

They've won 3 matches - but look at who they have beaten. St Mirren (home), Falkirk (away) and St Johnstone (home).

We're unbeaten in five - having beaten Kilmarnock at home and Dundee Utd away, and drawn with Rangers at home, Aberdeen (away) and St Johnstone (away).

I'd say our 9 points have come against stronger opposition.

With JG in charge I'm not worried about beating a team managed by John Hughes.

Get some reality pills boys.

We should get 6 points next two games.

Hibs are pish btw.....they had 3 shots on target on Saturday and won 3-0! St Johnstone had numerous chances with poor finishing letting them down. Oh and mind their performance at Hamilton.

Motherwell 3-1 Hibs

We should be getting 3 points at home v Falkirk even with Malpas team

Motherwell 3-0 Falkirk

Easy peasy :doh:

I think hibs will be good this season. Noone else in the league (not even the old firm) boasts two strikers with the potential to hit 15-20 goals a piece each. If they shore up at the back, they have the firepower to be challengers for 3rd place

It did look bad in June, very bad, and I posted that I believed so. I'd say since Flamaturi at home things have been quite exciting and there has been much to be postive about. That's well over a month ago according to my calendar.

Hopefully that's the completely out of the blue witch hunt concluded!

Everyone seems to be getting overly worried about Hibs.

Ok.

They have 9 points - same as us. They've lost 2 matches - to Celtic and Hamilton.

They've won 3 matches - but look at who they have beaten. St Mirren (home), Falkirk (away) and St Johnstone (home).

We're unbeaten in five - having beaten Kilmarnock at home and Dundee Utd away, and drawn with Rangers at home, Aberdeen (away) and St Johnstone (away).

I'd say our 9 points have come against stronger opposition.

With JG in charge I'm not worried about beating a team managed by John Hughes.

Get some reality pills boys.

You can say what you want about John Hughes (personally i think hes a donkey) but the current Hibs team does have a good sprinkling of really high quality players in it. Even the shittest of managers could do ok with the squad he has.

• 2 weeks later...