Dundee United Game

jonnymfc

Think our lads will have a lot of confidence going into the game on Sat, however Utd drew with Celtic and will be on a high.

Usually away to Utd i'd be happy with a draw however i think this will swing to a win for someone.

Hopefully us if its a win i say 2 v 1 and Coke and Sutton score.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about that, Haggis. I agree Forbes could be doing with a rest, but I still don't think Jennings looks the part to slot in, although he has improved. Would still be Keith Lasley for me.

I would say that Murphy is in the same boat as Forbes and, for me, McHugh has been every bit as effective as Murphy, if not moreso, when he's come on, so I'd give him a start.

------------------Ruddy------------------------

Mouatoukil---Craigan--Hutchinson----Reynolds

------------Coke--------Jennings---------------

Hateley---------Forbes-----------O'Brien

-----------------Jutkiewicz-----------------------

Subs: Kosiorwski, Saunders, Hammell, Lasley, Murphy, Sutton, McHugh.

Dundee Utd have had a cracking start an aw & it all fairs well for an exciting game on Saturday.

I'd be happy with a draw but I think we could sneak a win. This should be on TV :thumbup:

I'd like to see Gannon try a back 3 of Reynold, Hutchison & Craigan with Mouatoukil & Hammell having full command of both sides, Stick someone like Jennings or Lasley just infront of the back 3 for extra bite.

Can't see past John Sutton up front either hes been playing out his skin the past few weeks, work rate included.

ruddy

yassin saunders reynolds hammell

hateley jennings coke o'brien

murphy lukas

i agree that forbes needs a rest so i'd bring in jennings who was superb in the second half against der h*n. i'd give murphy a shot up front as well as we've looked most likely to score (second 45 against st j and first 55 against killie) when he was up front. for all our good play against rangers and aberdeen we didn't make many chances so for me it's got to be two up top to maximise our chances of scoring. sutton was back to his tin man worst on saturday so i'd give lukas another go from the start as well.

i'll predict a 1-0 'well with murphy getting the goal.

Ruddy

Matouakil Saunders Reynolds Hammell

Jennings Coke

Hately Forbes O Brien

McHugh

Come out the traps early all guns blazing. 2-0 up at half time and a 3-1 victory for the well. Dundee United are a fantastic team but so are we. Mchugh to get 2 and O Brien to get that elusive goal. The players I have picked and we still have Lasley, Sutton, Jutkiewicz and Murphy on the bench to come on and make an impact. It just goes to show the squad we have has a bit of depth to it.

Having said all that this is Motherwell after all........................

Ruddy

Saunders --- Reynolds

Hateley --- Coke --- Forbes

Mouatoukil --- Jutkiewicz --- Sutton --- Murphy --- O'Brien

1930's style, easy business.

5-1 'Well (Forbes, Jutkiewicz, Sutton x2, Murphy) with Goodwillie getting a 96th minute consolation.

Ruddy

Saunders --- Reynolds

Hateley --- Coke --- Forbes

Mouatoukil --- Jutkiewicz --- Sutton --- Murphy --- O'Brien

1930's style, easy business.

5-1 'Well (Forbes, Jutkiewicz, Sutton x2, Murphy) with Goodwillie getting a 96th minute consolation.

If that comes off I will give you 100 quid for the charity of your choice. And if thats the drink 38 pints in one night challenge charity that is up to you :lol:

Does anyone know if there is a student concession?

With Gannon I wouldn't be surprised if the centre halfs were Hutchinson and Saunders but nobody deserves to be dropped from the back 4 against Rangers.

I would also keep Forbes in and Sutton should definetley start against Utd.

Same line up from the Rangers game but I would be tempted to see McHugh in for Murphy.

In carluke murray's 'next three games' thread I went for six points for Motherwell, though nothing at Tannadice, so I suppose I had better be consistent. Levein is putting together a side up there and it's a big challenge. If 'Well can maintain the level they produced in the Rangers game, they have evey chance, but I suppose I'm sceptical such a young team can play that well in back to back games. It's difficult making a prediction because all teams in the league outwith the Old Firm can beat any other on the day, so United to nick it 2-1 for me, a prediction due largely to home advantage. A performace like last Saturday's could easily prove me very wrong. Here's hoping.

Does anyone know if there is a student concession?

With Gannon I wouldn't be surprised if the centre halfs were Hutchinson and Saunders but nobody deserves to be dropped from the back 4 against Rangers.

I would also keep Forbes in and Sutton should definetley start against Utd.

Same line up from the Rangers game but I would be tempted to see McHugh in for Murphy.

There is indeed mate, only a tenner to get in.

I'm sure Jimbo will have an idea of how to line-up against United, with a strategy on how to nullify their threat whilst focusing on how to expose their weaknessess. That said Levein is a top coach so I anticipate a very tough and close game.

I can see us going with a 4-4-2 against United, although who lines up in central defence is anyone's guess. I expect Crags to return but not sure about Hutch, as neither Reynolds nor Hammell deserve to be left out.

Going forward I expect the same personnel, with Hateley possibly occupying a more right sided midfield role, with the option to tuck in to allow Yassin to burst forward from right back.

My prediction would be a 1-1 draw to keep both unbeaten, but hoping for a 2-1 Well win!

Mouatoukil---Saunders--Hutchinson----Reynolds

------------Coke--------Jennings---------------

Hateley---------Forbes-----------O'Brien

-----------------Sutton-----------------------

Subs: Kosiorwski, Craigan, Hammell, Lasley, Murphy, Jutiewicz, McHugh.

If Sutton has a poor game then i'd bring on Jutiewicz. Suttons played well so far and I would like him to knock balls down for the midfielders to have a crack.

I think hes at his best a set pieces, as on Saturday we had a fair few corners.

---------------------Ruddy----------------

Moutakil------Saunders----Reynolds-----Hammell

---------------------Hately------------------

------------Jennings-----------Coke---------------

O'Brien---------------------------------McHugh

---------------------Sutton--------------------

I think it will be a tight game but hopefully we can pull off a win. I'll go for 2-1 to Motherwell.

Mouatoukil---Craigan--Hutchinson----Reynolds

Hateley----Coke-----Forbes-----------O'Brien

-----------Sutton------Murphy-----------------

Team was a total guess. Could really be anything and I don't know enough about Utd to see how our team would line up to cancel them out. Pretty weird that we have had the three furthest away trips ALREADY and it is only the middle of September. Wouldn't be gutted with a draw but would be over the moon with a win. 2-2 and I'll go for Sutton and Coke scoring.

We could embarrass ourselves trying to work out how Gannon is going to have us lining up, he foxes us every time. He's been talking up Cadamateri in the press, if that's not kidology then if he's seen as the danger man then I reckon Reynolds will play centre back due to his pace.

Beyond that, who knows. I'd be tempted to start with McHugh or Murphy up top and keep the ball on the deck as neither Sutton nor Jutkiewicz (sp?) will get much change out of their land of the giants defence. Working the channels might be our best bet, I reckon.

Right now, I'd rip your arm off and beat you with the wet end for a point...