Dundee United Game

jonnymfc

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, any away game I have ever been at with PATG and Student Concessions, I have never been asked for a valid matriculation card, they are never arsed and will let you wander through at concession price. Tannadice included in the past. Nae bother getting in as long as you look student aged.

Think we'll really need to stifle united's midfield, i'd be tempted to put Reynolds in the holding role again, whilst admittedly it hasn't been too successful to date, i think with a bit of work it could come in useful going to places like tannadice, easter road and tynecastle..something like:

RUDDY

MOO CRAIGAN SAUNDERS HAMMELL

REYNOLDS

HATELY COKE

O BRIEN MURPHY

SUTTON

If its going pear shaped early on then we can always bring in forbes/jennings and move reynolds into the back.

Can't see us getting anything tomorrow, so I'm going for 2-1 Utd.

MJC and BBC pundit Billy Dodds predicting a defeat so everthings set-up nicely for at least a point in our favour tomorrow, which is eminently do-able. No point in even trying to second-guess a Gannon starting line-up or formation, just hope we do ourselves justice and keep the unbeaten run going.

just seen it on sky sports there that hutchy, slane or humphry are all out !

As they were last week and, I think, the game before that. No need for the panicky exclamation mark. I would have liked Slane or Humphrey available if only to stretch a tiring defence late in the game (and so that O'Brien wasn't our only out ball), but looking at our bench last week the squad we have is not too bad...

(and so that O'Brien wasn't our only out ball), but looking at our bench last week the squad we have is not too bad...

Interesting thing for me last week was having an attacking right back with pace and decent enough first touch to kill a long pass and attack quickly - we got loads of width out of the combination of Hately's passing and Mooty out wide. No offence to Coach, but most of those passes would've been taken statically or put out for a shy. If I was Levein, I'd be looking to stifle the passing from midfield as that is arguably our biggest threat at the moment. In Coke, Hately and Jennings we have three very tidy passers indeed, strange feeling having squad depth and options... :lol:

Yeah I'll maybe risk it then. When I was a student I rarely got asked for the card. In fact one time I accidentally handed over my gym card which only has a wee photo of some guy swimming on it and the guy still accepted it.

BEWARE!!!! Not at Utd mate...I tried it last season, and the old boy took them card from me and studied it, to tell me that it was out of date (whoops, I didnt realise, honest guv!!), to which I took it back and thought f*%k this, ive been unlucky and picked the jobsworth gate here, strolled politely up to a nice wee lassie on another gate, low and behold the same thing! I was shafted and it was full whack for the first time! To make it worse it was the first game I took my burd to, her student card was printed wrong a few years back with an expiry of 2048....she strolls in!! Hey-Ho...3-0 up in 15mins and I couldnt care less!!!

Like others have said, I'd happily settle for a point tomorrow. Unless we get a penalty with 4 minutes to go and miss it!

As much as this will be an extremely tough game for us, we've been playing well also and Utd won't relish playing us either.

I'll be heading up and I'm looking forward to it. No idea what the team would be but I wouldn't be disapointed with the same starting line up as last week.

Really looking forward to it. After a good result v the OF keeping your feet on the ground is the test next game out. Its a test we both face so will be interesting. I think their right back will be their weakness as Kovacevic who is not 100% or Dillon will be there and O'Brien and Hammell are good enough to have them on toast. Other side with Dixon against Yass that should be a great battle. Bauben v Coke also excites me and the fact that Scott Robertson is missing is great news for us. Where I worry is Dods and Webster v Sutton and or Jutkiewitz - I only see one winner and its not us. With Cadamarteri there is goals in their team and the more I think of it I think they may edge it. Should be a great game though and the odd wee twist can turn it so hopefully there will be some.

Dundee United have always been inconsistent under Levein and dropped points unexpectedly. They're always tipped for big things but never quite manage it. We're unbeaten in the SPL under Jim Gannon, looking solid and playing good football so I expect to get at least a draw tomorrow.

Dods, Wilkie and Kenneth will struggle to cope with our counter-attacks.

Really up for this game, not felt so good about going to a 'Well game in a long time as you know it'll be entertaining now.

Can see a draw in this one however as we have a nack of cancelling each other out at Tannadice, but who knows, I'd settle for a 1-1 but a wee cheeky victory isn't out the question.