Dundee United Game

jonnymfc

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems we're a right hard team to beat now, so well done to JG and PW for that. Hard work and technical nous is paying off back there it seems. Compare and contrast to how easy we were to score against, particularly from set pieces (Utd must have had about a dozen corners) - just goes to show you don't actually need huge 6 foot 4 inch Germans.... :blink: Helps of course that we have a good keeper and a stronger midfield.

Well done lads.

Superb result. :woop:

Also, we have now equalled our record of consecutive clean sheets in the SPL. Not as if it is against the likes of Falkirk, Accies and St Miren. The Sheep, The Hvns and The Arabs are all pretty decent teams in my opinion.

And young Forbes may be joint top SPL scorer!

Ya Fucking Dancer. :blink:

SD 

Great result lads,Did Jenno get taken off because he had been booked?

It was tactical but, with the ref being an over-fussy officious little prick, and with Jennings combative style of play it might be just as well he went off. This is easily one of teh fussiest refs in the country and, indeed, the commentators moaned about him for the full 90 mins.

Superb result. :D

Also, we have now equalled our record of consecutive clean sheets in the SPL. Not as if it is against the likes of Falkirk, Accies and St Miren. The Sheep, The Hvns and The Arabs are all pretty decent teams in my opinion.

And young Forbes may be joint top SPL scorer!

Ya Fucking Dancer. :P

SD

Don't forget Man United :lol:

Right! no more of this keep a level head thing. lets for once look positive, think positive and act positive. we need to keep this run up. Confidence is obviously brimming at the club, so why shouldn't we enjoy it and say - YES WE CAN beat any other team in this league and go and have a stonking season like we did back in 95. lets get intae them.

'Mon the 'Well.

Right! no more of this keep a level head thing. lets for once look positive, think positive and act positive. we need to keep this run up. Confidence is obviously brimming at the club, so why shouldn't we enjoy it and say - YES WE CAN beat any other team in this league and go and have a stonking season like we did back in 95. lets get intae them.

'Mon the 'Well.

Sexy Talk! :P

'Mon the 'Well.

I'm absolutely amazed by the start we've had to the season. After the players we lost at the end of last season I was extremely worried for how we'd fare in the SPL but we look like a team who is hard to beat again AND we are playing some right good football into the bargain. We have a young, raw squad who seem fearless and a manager who knows how to get results and isn't afraid to change things when things aren't going well and seems to have a very good knowledge of the game itself.

If (and it's a big IF) we can keep this up, well who knows, but the reality is that outwith the Old Firm, the rest of the teams in the SPL are reasonably well matched so if we could keep up this form then this could, and I emphasise could be a season to remember for us.

I know it's still early days but we've got to take every game as it comes but what's went so far has been fantastic.