Dundee United Game

jonnymfc

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking result yesterday absolutely delighted that we came home with the three points. First away win i've saw in the league for over 12 months after ten attempts.

I thought the performance was quite ordinary yesterday with Ruddy, Reynolds and Saunders being our three best players. Moutaoukil played quite well too but i thought he was getting dragged out of position a bit too much when he was pushing up the park.

The new strips look minted as well. Hopefully we can win our next two home games that should see us going into the Celtic game with a chance of topping the table. Who would of thought that after the disaster on the 2nd of July against Llanelli. Well done Mr Gannon :lol: keep up the good work.

Mon the Well!!!!!!

Delighted with the result yesterday. More of a defensive effort that we've been used to of late, but against a very decent United saide you have to accept that. Levein set his side out to deny Coke and Forbes time and space in midfield which is fair enough, especially with them missing Gomis and Robertson. This made it a bit more scrappy.

That said we did well at a tough venue to continue our unbeaten run and keep another clean sheet, Great display by Ruddy and good solid stuff from the back four, although Yassin was more of a right winger at times! Considering Hutch is still injured and Crags was on the bench its all the better.

It looked like either a draw or first goal the winner yesterday, so it was lucky for us that we scored it. A draw might have been fair but we are getting the breaks just now, but in my view playing well enough to merit them.

Three home games coming up now, if we can stay unbeaten to the next international break then that will be a fantastic achievement.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss full time.

Fucking TREMENDOUS result Motherwell. :cheers::lol:

What a job Gannon has done so far. We are UNBEATEN and we're more than half way through September.

I never doubted we'd hold out. :P

What a difference a day makes.......

Can't see us getting anything tomorrow, so I'm going for 2-1 Utd.

:lol:

:O Ruddy!! :O

Amazing result yesterday. Those are the type of results that pretty much secure our place in the SPL - in Spetember!! (remember the pundits saying we will go down?? :lol::O )

Once our Strikers start scoring (if they do) we can achieve some silly results this season I reckon. Mildly concerned that there has only been 1 goal from a Striker in the SPL so far, but hey - if Forbes scores every week we won't need them too!!

Levein set his side out to deny Coke and Forbes time and space in midfield which is fair enough, especially with them missing Gomis and Robertson.

Not sure about that Peter. United are supposedly one of Scotland's best teams, are at home, going for a win and we were missing Slane, Humphreys and Hutchison. Why would they set out to prevent our midfield from playing?

I really don't think Levein is as imaginative as the media believes him to be, either that or he reckons we are a very dangerous force to be reckoned with.

For such a big guy, Ruddy is amazingly quick and agile. It's credit to him he was able to get across to make a brilliant save for the third of the set. He's got to be signed long-term please!

Highlights of the game. The third save of the trio at the end was the best. How he got himself back up in to a position to save that is miraculois.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/default.stm

You just have to look at the camera shaking from our end to see what we felt of that. Was like celebrating another goal, and the full stand chanting his name almost straight away was some moment!!

Not sure about that Peter. United are supposedly one of Scotland's best teams, are at home, going for a win and we were missing Slane, Humphreys and Hutchison. Why would they set out to prevent our midfield from playing?

I really don't think Levein is as imaginative as the media believes him to be, either that or he reckons we are a very dangerous force to be reckoned with.

I just felt that Levein had done his homework and ensured that his midfield were in our faces quickly. No-one else has closed down big Giles like United did yesterday, and this must have come from watching our style of play.

Didn't get them any points though!! :P

I just felt that Levein had done his homework and ensured that his midfield were in our faces quickly. No-one else has closed down big Giles like United did yesterday, and this must have come from watching our style of play.

I think you're right. Despite Levein's media reputation for playing great entertaining flowing football, his teams are always big, physical, well organised and designed to stop the opposition. They tend to grind results out.

I think you're right. Despite Levein's media reputation for playing great entertaining flowing football, his teams are always big, physical, well organised and designed to stop the opposition. They tend to grind results out.

Coke was the best player on the pitch last week when we played like an away team against Rangers at home. Therefore Levein was, in my view, correct to try and nullify him because by doing that he would give his better players more chance to display their stuff. I think he got his tactics spot on but being honest Dixon, Conway, Cadamarteri, Goodwillie, Swanson and Bauben I have seen them all playing better than they did yesterday. I have seen United play good stuff this season (see highlights v Celtic, game v Hearts) - it didn't happen for them yesterday which was our good fortune but they are still a team that are a huge danger as they play good stuff and are physical too.

i would had settled for a point before the game as I already knew we were without our 2 best midfielders. our season went downhill last year when scott robebrtson was ruled out for the rest of the season and we were awful in midfield on saturday no creativity whatsover and no drive which gomis and scott robertson give us. it was an awful match a mistake, a flueky goal or a goal out of nothing was always going to be the deciding goal.

i would had settled for a point before the game as I already knew we were without our 2 best midfielders. our season went downhill last year when scott robebrtson was ruled out for the rest of the season and we were awful in midfield on saturday no creativity whatsover and no drive which gomis and scott robertson give us. it was an awful match a mistake, a flueky goal or a goal out of nothing was always going to be the deciding goal.

Tell P2BAA pogo says "PUMPED!"

Also, interesting to note he thought Coke was the best player on the pitch but the majority on here thought it was his worst game for us. Maybe you lot were lucky we didnt tear you a new one like we have done in each of the last two seasons! :doh:

Tell P2BAA pogo says "PUMPED!"

Also, interesting to note he thought Coke was the best player on the pitch but the majority on here thought it was his worst game for us. Maybe you lot were lucky we didnt tear you a new one like we have done in each of the last two seasons! :O

ok.

are you the lad that always joins eastie and gets banned? :doh: