Champions League

bigcol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct and if we can beat Celtic at parkhead, which is possible, there shit.were off....Honestly the 2 of them are shit if last week never proved nothing well i don't know what will....T
Well it proved we can't beat a shit team, at home, with a pen in the last 5 mins. That's why those 2 keep winning the league. Because they sneak points in games like that.

Well it proved we can't beat a shit team, at home, with a pen in the last 5 mins. That's why those 2 keep winning the league. Because they sneak points in games like that.

Exactly ! Dont know why but if that penalty had been up the other end any rangers player including the goalie would have put it away and we all know it. Its like yer toast landing buttered side down on the carpet it just always happens. :doh:

i know its only a joke etc but Id love just 1 Champ League game at Fir Park, imagine that music playing out at FP (well maybe the POD + Cooper neway) id be welling up wi pride wi that lol

Aye, me too.

I'd give my eye teeth to get back the atmosphere that night against Nancy. Fair enough the game itself was a huge let down, but everything leading up to it and the atmosphere in the ground prior to kick off was sensational, in 40 years of watching Motherwell I'd never experienced anything like that night. I dont see how it's possible, but I feel a Champions league tie would surpass that.

I would love to be on this forum on the night of any Motherwell debut in the Champions League. A collective orgasm wouldn't begin to do justice to the excitement. I'd be sending Pm's all over the shop to the old hands to catch the mood. :P Some of you would be in the back of an ambulance before kick-off, oxygen mask held tightly to face. Of that there can be no doubt. It would be bedlam on here :ph34r:

Was unable to hold a pint still enough to drink it before the '91 Cup Final. Doubt my old ticker could handle a CL game at the Ark, besides we've already beaten the previous holders already this season :P

:ph34r:

Now, now. :D

I shall have the smelling salts ready, mate, should that night beneath the floodlights when Fir Park hosts a game in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ever come to pass. In fact, I'd need one of you to get me a ticket. Ankles is right, you must have a dream.

They are terrible to be honest. I seem to have been saying this for the last 3 or 4 years but this is a great chance for one of the other teams to put a consistant unbeaten run together not just draws but victories and challenge. It may be too soon to consider winning the league but at least put up a decent challenge and not have us 30 points behind the OF. Why not Motherwell?

Lets just take it one game at a time. There will come the time when the rub of the green doesn't go for us, injuries catch up etc etc, and when it happens, i just hope it doesnt get all the youngsters heads down.

We can all dream and it would be a great dream, but lets just give this team a chance to keep putting some points up on the board before we have them down as the next 'team that was'

To answer the question though, Rangers and Celtic truelly are poor at the moment. Watching the Stutgart game on Wednesday I was of the opinion that we had given Rangers too much respect last weekend. Neither of that mob deserve that respect. McLeans team would have won the league against the current old firm opposition no bother.

What we would need is a huge amount of luck to avoid the injuries etc, Gannon to continue playing a blinder, and Boyle backing Gannon all the way by not selling the players in January. Fortunatley it looks like the refs are starting to play fair so its one less thing to worry about.

What a dream it would be.......

You are spot on, big stall. The Old Firm look so poor right now it gives a real chance to a manager who has the ability to produce a half decent side to really challenge them. Yes it would be against the odds, considering the disparity in size between them and the rest, but it's been done before and is possible. This is the perfect time to take them on, it just requires one club to find that bit of consistent quality. It probably won't happen, but there may never be a better time and who knows whether Gannon might just have that ability. It needs a top manager to break the stanglehold of the Old Firm, just as Alex Ferguson did.

Was unable to hold a pint still enough to drink it before the '91 Cup Final. Doubt my old ticker could handle a CL game at the Ark, besides we've already beaten the previous holders already this season :P

I still remember the excitement in Motherwell before the 91(greatest cup final ever) match.

I lived 10 mins walking distance from Hampden but travelled to Motherwell the night before to sample the atmosphere it was fantastic. It took over an hour and a half to get to hampden on the bus due to the numbers travelling ( and the bus stopping every 5 mins for toilet stops). The best match ever ! 2005 cup final didn't have the same buzz for some reason. :P

You are spot on, big stall. The Old Firm look so poor right now it gives a real chance to a manager who has the ability to produce a half decent side to really challenge them. Yes it would be against the odds, considering the disparity in size between them and the rest, but it's been done before and is possible. This is the perfect time to take them on, it just requires one club to find that bit of consistent quality. It probably won't happen, but there may never be a better time and who knows whether Gannon might just have that ability. It needs a top manager to break the stanglehold of the Old Firm, just as Alex Ferguson did.

I'm not trying to have a dig here mate but cant you stick to non Motherwell topics? Your a Man Utd fan and know absolutely nothing about what its like to support a real football team and i dont think you'v even ever been to an SPL game? Your posts just sound condescending in the most part on this bit of the forum.

I'm not trying to have a dig here mate but cant you stick to non Motherwell topics? Your a Man Utd fan and know absolutely nothing about what its like to support a real football team and i dont think you'v even ever been to an SPL game? Your posts just sound condescending in the most part on this bit of the forum.

Not fair on trafficlight bop, he has been posting here for a long time now and has built up an affinity to our family club and his missus is local to the 'well

let him be :cheers:

The only thing that was condescending was your reply. It shouldn't matter if you attend every game or none at all. Being a supporter isn't a competition and i'd rather have one more 'Well fan than one less.

It's good to dream.

Without dreams there would be no internet and therefore no Steelmenonline. So dream away.

The O F aren't firing yet and the door is wide open for one of the 'small' teams to ram their way through it. All it takes is for them to not have any league form and to start caring about their Euro adventures and before you know it it is February/March and we or another team can be there or there abouts let it be us!

In Gannon we trust let's all dream on and get the wrist bands back out!!

:doh::thumbup::doh: