Smith, Quinn, Maclean, Hughes And Clarkson

Kmcalpin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be specifically on topic out of the five names mentioned I would have Clarkson back in a shot. The rest I'm not too fussed about. Now! :lol:

As for Yassin? I am rather impressed by him.....so far. Outrageous how far up the park he sits at times and pretty much stays there for long periods. Going man for man at the back gives us that luxury. At the moment I'd like to see him stay beyond the six months.

As for Ruddy he looked a little suspect against St Johnstone but has been solid as a rock since. Would love to see us keep him for longer too but at this rate someone with more cash will buy him from Everton in January.

Enough of this clarcky nonsense. The guy was a great player and would do well in this team, but he woudnt be in infront of Ports upfront. Gannon plays Sutton or the Pole upfront. Neither of which are in clarkys mould. Granted he was landed with sutton, but he had the summer to find a striker to run about like a maddy if thats what he was after. He chose not to get one of them, or even bring in one of the boys upfront with boundless energy and give them instructions to be a clarky Mk2.

Instead he's made it clear Sutton is 1st choice, and we all know that in every single aspect, Sutton is a poor mans Porter.

Wheres the tin hats?

Enough of this clarcky nonsense. The guy was a great player and would do well in this team, but he woudnt be in infront of Ports upfront. Gannon plays Sutton or the Pole upfront. Neither of which are in clarkys mould. Granted he was landed with sutton, but he had the summer to find a striker to run about like a maddy if thats what he was after. He chose not to get one of them, or even bring in one of the boys upfront with boundless energy and give them instructions to be a clarky Mk2.

Instead he's made it clear Sutton is 1st choice, and we all know that in every single aspect, Sutton is a poor mans Porter.

Wheres the tin hats?

No tin hat required. You are spot on.

I am sure there was something mentioned that we have agreed a fee for him if we would like to keep him, so i guess we are first in line.

Lee

Wasn't the fee £250,000 if he was to move on? Fair bit of money for any team up here in the current climate. I'm sure any deal that would be dependant on a Championship/League 1 club not swooping in with a larger bid. If that was the case I'm sure Everton wouldnae care two jots about us.

Clarky would be warming the bench at best in this team.

Really? Despite our excellent start to the season we have now gone 3 games on the trot without scoring from open play. Regardless of the opposition, that's not a great statistic. I don't think Clarkson would have much bother getting a game for us, regardless of his shortcomings.

Really? Despite our excellent start to the season we have now gone 3 games on the trot without scoring from open play. Regardless of the opposition, that's not a great statistic. I don't think Clarkson would have much bother getting a game for us, regardless of his shortcomings.

Agreed, the lack of a mobile striker still concerns me.

I do like the look of McHugh mind you.