Student Season Tickets

Gaag

Said this many many times, why insist on charging kids higher prices when we could get more in at a cheaper rate thus creating a better atmosphere (even if they have squeaky voices) and making more money off shop and pie stall sales

I guarantee every kid will spend (fleece there parents) of at least a fiver for pies, juice etc and even more in the shop.

Lower the prices but get more in and make more from the add ons.

To me its a total no brainer.

When we allowed school kids in free what was the increase in shop and confectionery sales. Perhaps someone higher up can say it was or wasn't worth it?????

is that normal?

Naw, everyone else I know who has one says concession.

I don't get why students (those in further education I mean) get intae the fitba cheap. They don't pay full income tax, council tax etc but are able tae work part-time and earn money and qualify for loans and grants (pish as they may be).

It should be up to the government to subsidise students, not the football team whose games they decide to attend.

I can understand why students get cheaper bus fares, discounts on meals and aw that shite as they need to travel, eat etc whilst they are studying to make a better life for themselves, but why should they get intae the fitba cheaper?

I don't understand it either but it's fucking brilliant. Get it up ye!

I don't get why students (those in further education I mean) get intae the fitba cheap. They don't pay full income tax, council tax etc but are able tae work part-time and earn money and qualify for loans and grants (pish as they may be).

It should be up to the government to subsidise students, not the football team whose games they decide to attend.

I can understand why students get cheaper bus fares, discounts on meals and aw that shite as they need to travel, eat etc whilst they are studying to make a better life for themselves, but why should they get intae the fitba cheaper?

Maybe the clubs realise that if they don't offer cheaper prices for students then they wont get them through the turnstyles cos they can't afford full bang. Fuck knows, but it's great :doh:

Personally I think all Primary school kids should get in for £1, High school and students and OAP's for £5

Exactly. Kids in for next to nothing will encourage a pile more adults because the football then becomes an ideal excuse for a reasonably priced 'family outing'. I imagine a lot of guys can only justify going to the football if they take the kids but can't justify/afford the £50 or so needed. Turn that into £25 for an adult and two children and it's problem solved and 3 bums on seats that wouldny otherwise be there.

Maybe the clubs realise that if they don't offer cheaper prices for students then they wont get them through the turnstyles cos they can't afford full bang. Fuck knows, but it's great :lol:

How can they know afford the full bang? They never have any change when they come to the gate - they only seem to carry £20 notes.

My wee fella gets in for 'free' with his passport which he gets through the community coaching.

Okay the club gets my £16 a month for the coaching, but I don't mind so much, his frequent jaunts to the pie stall, as I've already saved the £6 from not having to pay him in.

Probably most parents would take theirs along more often, if the load was lightened a little. Taking an under 12 to the footy is a good £35 without any alcohol involved. Its way too expensive, but these kids are the future of our club.

It would even encourage them to take their pals along if all they had to shell out on was some food and drinks.

And yes, students are scroungers and shouldn't be encouraged into the footy for less. They should in fact pay more, as its a distraction to their studies which the rest of us are paying for!!

The wee guy Darryl we take to games (actually he's probably a foot taller than me now :lol: ) is in his last year on a Juvi season ticket and luckily he's at college now.

Its some leap in price going from a £75 Juvi ticket or whatever it is to a full price one. The student ticket at least allows a sort half way house between the two.

I like the concept of cheap Juvi season books and cheap entry at the turnstiles but the danger I suppose is that if you are used to those prices and suddenly you cannot afford the adult season book you'll, start to pick and choose and may eventually drift away because of cost.

Personally I think all Primary school kids should get in for £1, High school and students and OAP's for £5

Totally agree, big man, and the unemployed and those on other benefits should get in cheap too. I think it was mentioned on the forum before that St Mirren have a concession for the unemployed, and they deserve credit for that.

Totally agree, big man, and the unemployed and those on other benefits should get in cheap too. I think it was mentioned on the forum before that St Mirren have a concession for the unemployed, and they deserve credit for that.

What if you have a job, but only really work half of the time. Does that mean i should get in cheap?